'The Virus Within' book

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by connieaag, Nov 28, 2006.

1. connieaag

connieaag New Member

FYI -- Mikey has posted about this. I just bought a used copy on amazon for .01! With shipping it was $3.50. What a bargain.
    Connie
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hope you like the book. It is older so there has probably been more research done since it was published. Still, it gives a good description of this virus and how invasive it is. You can probably then find more up-to-date info online.

Let us know how you like it.

Love, Mikie
  3. connieaag

connieaag New Member

I figured I have spent hundreds of dollars on books that I got a sentence or two of advise out of, so what the heck!

I think in dealing with my daughter's doctor. He's a FP and probably close to 70, that there is a lot of wisdom one can glean from older publications and schools of thought. i.e. I mentioned in another post that they used to treat patients with IV antivirals for mono and the like. Maybe if some would have been treated more agressively when they had the first onset of this DD, they wouldn't be where they are today.

My same thought was always negative toward Family Practioners as well -- thinking they had to know too wide of an area and couldn't focus on one illness or age group. I since have learned that the knowledge they have of treating patients from birth to death is invaluable in treating something like CFS/FM.

Take care. Connie