The War and God

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Shaylee, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Shaylee

Shaylee New Member

I know everyone is concerned about the war and all of us hate war. I pray for our troops and if the draft comes in place I pray for my son, son in laws and my nephews.

We must remember though we have a God in heaven. In 2Samuel when David was going to battle with the Philistines God told him 5:24-25 And let it be, when thou hearest the sound of a going in the tops of the mulberry trees, that then thou shalt bestir thy self for then shall the Lord go out before thee, to smite the host of the Philistines. And David did so as the Lord had commanded him and smote the Philistines from Geba until thou come to Gazer.

So we must pray the Lord goes before our troops and prepare the way and they will hear the sounds in the mulberry trees.

I also believe we are in the last days, and when Jesus is ready to come I am ready to go. But in 2Peter 3:9 it says the Lord is not slack concerning His promise as some men count slackness, but is longsuffering to us-ward not willing that any should perish but that all come into repentance.

God wants all of us to go to heaven and He is not delaying in returning to the earth He is giving man time to save themselves. But He is coming!

One thing we all need to remember is no one has ever been promised a homeland but the Jewish people. No one. Not the Philistines, Arabs, Iranians, etc... God only promised this to the Jewish people. If our nation ever turns on them we have hung ourselves.

So keep faith God as we are going to see a lot of things happen in the future and it all must come to pass.

Praise God!

Shaylee