The Water Cure

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Barbie56, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Barbie56

Barbie56 New Member

You need to go to the site called The Water Cure. I have
    CFS but I don't have FM. My friend suffers from that and she told me to go to the site. I am going to start myself
    today on drinking more water. I have heard of this before
    because my massage person told me that most all diseases can be cured with drinking enought water or at least get rid of alot of your pain. It does make sense if you read about this... So here goes my first glass today... Barb
  2. kbak

kbak Member

Hi,
    I'm very familiar with the theory that we're all basically just dehydrated, and there might be some merit to that, but I do have a Dx'd virus causing my illness, and I have been drinking plenty of water for several yrs. now and not cured.

It is very important to be well hydrated, but you certainly can have all sorts of illnesses even being well hydrated. It would be nice tho to be cured just drinking enough water!

K.
  3. diva42597

diva42597 New Member

I spoke with my doctor in depth about this theory. He told me that it is not a cure...we all know that there is no cure. But basically, with fibro (I don't know about CFS)the "attacks" occur when the body needs something it's not getting...sleep, proper nutrition, exercise, or you overexert yourself or stand or sit too long. Basically, the body needs to be on a schedule. Too much or too little of virtually anything can cause pain. The water works to flush out the system. It helps get rid of certain things that the body doesn't need and, therefore, can help prevent SOME pain. But it is not a cure and will not keep you from getting attacks...it simply flushes out your system.
  4. bioman85

bioman85 New Member

At least it's not another scam...water is free still, right?