The weather......Please help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dlee, Oct 9, 2002.

1. Dlee

Dlee New Member

How does the weather affect other FM? I'ts been cloudy here in N.C. and i've been aching ,stiff,fog,fatigue more the last 2 days and I've been doing so good. I's this the norm ?Please let me know,I'm new to all this.Thanks......Donna
  2. Dlee

Dlee New Member

How does the weather affect other FM? I'ts been cloudy here in N.C. and i've been aching ,stiff,fog,fatigue more the last 2 days and I've been doing so good. I's this the norm ?Please let me know,I'm new to all this.Thanks......Donna
  3. fibolady

fibolady New Member

i was just going to post the same message! everytime the weather changes (esp. from warmer to cooler) it is like double whamy. my pain level always goes up.

i also sleep later and want to stay in bed more. i had been doing good, getting up anywhere between 7:30 and 8:30. now, at 10 i have to drag myself out of bed.

another nc'er, warm regards, fibolady
  4. majic

majic New Member

welcome to the board. glad you are looking for answers. they can be found here. the weather does funny things to me also. i know i sound like a brocken record and some people might say oh no not again.i just can't say enough for the zma. i'm in rock hill south carolina. the weather here has turned chilly and foggy dreary and misting rain. any other time i would be dreading going out or getting out of bed. today i feel ok. the only pain i have is around the left knee. i slept great last night and awoke this morning feeling good. i still have not taken a pain pill or muscle relaxer. if you have not tried the zma give it a shot and see the diffrence it can make in your life. i know this can change but while it is working i'll shout it from the roof tops. this stuff is great. try warm baths and lavendar oil in the tub for aches and pains. hope this can help.majic
  5. majic

majic New Member

welcome to the board. glad you are looking for answers. they can be found here. the weather does funny things to me also. i know i sound like a brocken record and some people might say oh no not again.i just can't say enough for the zma. i'm in rock hill south carolina. the weather here has turned chilly and foggy dreary and misting rain. any other time i would be dreading going out or getting out of bed. today i feel ok. the only pain i have is around the left knee. i slept great last night and awoke this morning feeling good. i still have not taken a pain pill or muscle relaxer. if you have not tried the zma give it a shot and see the diffrence it can make in your life. i know this can change but while it is working i'll shout it from the roof tops. this stuff is great. try warm baths and lavendar oil in the tub for aches and pains. hope this can help.majic
  6. little

little Member

I'm in Mooresville,NC.I usually need to have a shawl on my shoulders all the time in weather like this. I bought a few more this year so that I would have one in each room. My upper arms and shoulders get very cold. I also have very heavy socks.This is the first year that I had trouble with the air conditioner. It seems like my body changes every year. Sometimes I even need to have a blanket on during the day. I also notice that the cold affects my forhead when i go out in the winter. My one daughter wanted me to move back to N.Y. but I could not take another winter there. I live with my oldest daughter and her children. We moved here three years ago from Tampa. I plan on going back there in a few months for the winter. This DD is always changing you body.KEEP WARM DONNA... GAIL
  7. lavender_butterfly

lavender_butterfly New Member

I asked a question very similar to this a few weeks ago!!

I live in Minnesota and I was just diagnosed in August. I went to visit a dear friend of mine in New Mexico in September. The whole entire time I was there, I felt so much better. Not 100% mind you, but much better than I have felt in months. When I returned to Minnesota, I was hit hard by my worst flare yet. I am still trying to dig myself out of that hole!

Someone explained to me that it could be the temperature variations (sorry, I do not remember who, fog is bad today). But I have also heard from others, my doctor for instance, who said that different people are affected by different kinds of weather. I have ALWAYS been sensitive to cold. I have always hated late Fall, Winter, and early Spring. For years, I have yearned to move to a sunny and dry location. So perhaps the fibro just takes that particular problem of mine and makes it worse? Its hard to say.

Of course, I have no proof of this. But I know that since the weather has been getting colder, I have been feeling worse and worse. On the other hand, I have talked to people who say the heat makes their symptoms worse. So maybe it just depends on the person. My doc did suggest moving to a more temperate location, so I am considering it. After all, if it helps me to feel better, its worth a try!! The only thing I fear is leaving my doc. She is one fabulous lady!

8. Achy-shaky

Achy-shaky New Member

plus if the humidity is over 75%, my pain level goes up. True, I don't have to deal with the cold here but just the slightest dampness or when a front is moving in, my whole body screams!
    So you are not alone...just hang in there, it will subside.
  9. Darla5010

Darla5010 New Member

you got it and so does everyone else!! Weather is a BIG factor for me too. I'm in PA and the cold, damp winters kill me. My husband retired last yr and we now go to FL for the winter and I'm much better down there. Until April, when the humidity goes up there, I'm ready to come back, but it's still cold here, so I hurt both places in the spring. The fall,now, is really bad for me with the temp going back and forth from warm to cold. Right now I'm ready to head south.
    Darla
  10. herblady

herblady New Member

i'm the opposite, i have my flares when it is hot weather. i never have them in the cold. my arthritis might act up a bit in the cold. a hot epsom salt bath will make you less achey on a cold day. cindi
  11. allhart

allhart New Member

when its hot im more fatigued when its cloudy im stiff and usally get a migrain when its cold i realy realy ache
  12. mellow

mellow New Member

Hi Donna

I find that the changes in the weather really affects me causing more pain, fatigue, stiffness etc. I live in Australia and we had a temperature of above 30 deg. celsius the other day and then the temp. dropped right back to about 20 deg. the following day. This sudden change really causes me problems. I thnk we are very sensitive to sudden atmospheric changes.

Mellow