The wonders of life......

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by jole, Feb 6, 2009.

1. jole

jole Member

Since I have so much trouble sleeping, I have been sitting in the utility room with the window open in the very early morning sipping a cup of soothing herbal tea and watching the beautiful sunrises. Where do all the wonderful colors come from, intermixed so beautifully as to draw the eyes upward above all else......

Hearing the lilting, musical, enticing sounds of the birds singing to each other and nature itself causes me to smile and immediately picture God knowing the numberrs of feathers on each little bird.

For my aunt, the greatest miracle in the world was the small, intricate folds of a baby's ear....the only time I ever heard her mention the power of God.

What are some of your "wonders of life"? ***Jole***
  2. windblade

windblade Active Member

I love this idea for a post - I hope it will keep going. I love all the moods, and imagination, and taking in of the world that you expressed. And what others wrote.

I am enjoying the starkness of the winter here on the East Coast. We have huge Maples by us, and woods behind our house. The shapes of the branches, black and intricate against a deep blue sky are deeply satisfying to me. Also, it is the only time of the year where there is silence.

The stillness of too many machines is such a relief, and so calming.

My husband gave me beautiful flowers for an early Valentines Day gift. It's the first time I've ever had Calla lillies, and I'm loving watching them slowly unfurl. Flowers fill up my whole household with delight. I sometimes carry them from room to room in their vase, not wanting to miss any of their time with me.

There is so much astonishing beauty in creatures, places and people in this world. I love being awed by God!