the worst flare ever

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ourlife, Jul 27, 2009.

1. ourlife

ourlife New Member

Last Friday I got up to go to work and could not move. I was dizzy, could hardly stand up i was so weak. I went back to bed and stayed in bed all day..Sat was the same. I hurt so bad i almost went to the hospital Friday night. Sun i was dizzy all day..my head was burning and spinning. It was like a cold burning feeling. I was in bed all weekend and cried all weekend i hurt so bad.
    I know some of you are like this all the time and i feel for you guys honestly i do. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. I have only had FM/CFS and Sciatica since Oct 08 and this is the worst time i have EVER had with it. It really scared me and scared my family.
    My memory has gotten so bad i can't remember what meds i have and haven't taken. My husband went and got me one of those little pill holders to help me. I'm only 34 and this is scaring the crap out of me.
    HELP!!!!
  2. loto

loto Member

for what you have gone through. I'm only 40, and have known I have FM for a little over a year now. I absolutely hate it. I am still able to work, thank goodness, a full time job. However, when I get home I am so tired I don't want to do anything, like cook supper, etc. I feel awful, like I'm letting my family down and all, but that's just how it is some days.
    I have had awful flares that have left me bed ridden, but not an entire weekend like you have experienced. I'm so sorry for you. I, too, have hurt so badly that I've just cried and cried. It's terrible what we have to go through.
    I'm supporting you totally! Hope today has brought you feeling better.
    Take Care
    loto
  3. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

(((((((((((Ourlife)))))))))))))

I totally understand. You've done a great job putting how I feel into words. Your brain is actually working pretty well, but I know what you mean about memory. It's impossible for me to keep things straight too.

I had Sciatica in 2000 as well. It did get better. I found Pilates and bedrest to be the most helpful.

I know how scary it is to feel so awful. It's like you've been poisoned and beat all over with a baseball bat after being hit by a car. I wish we could convey the outside world just how bad FMS and CFS can get. The commercials they have out there just aren't doing it.

I'm glad you have a supportive husband and I want to give you hope that this will let up. Even though I'm like you describe much of the time, I do get breaks from it.

Hugs,
    tee
    [This Message was Edited on 07/27/2009]
  4. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I was diagnosed in 1996 with FM. I hear what you are saying, I am so sorry that you had to go through that. Next time, go to the hospital. I have always been afraid to go to the hospital because I am scared that they don't believe that FM is real or that they will think I am a drug seeker. I went to the hospital this weekend because of the stomach flu. Yeah, the flu...with the FM, I was so sick and couldn't take anything for my pain. Anyway...I've never had to go to the hospital for something like the flu, but I was hurting so bad I couldn't stand it. I explained several times that I was not there for the pain but I needed something for the nausea so I could take my pain medications.

Long story short, they were really nice, nobody sneered at my FM diagnoses. The doctor gave me something for the nausea and I was able to start taking by pain medications the next day. I actually was able to sleep all night last night!!

Hope you are feeling better today!
    Deb