The Xyrem Program....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by alaska3355, Sep 29, 2005.

1. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Does anybody know what this is? Just wondering.....
  2. jenunsa

jenunsa New Member

I looked up "Xyrem Program" at Yahoo and found out that it seems to be just a way that the company that makes Xyrem keeps in contact with the patient that gets the Rx from their doc. The company keeps sending the patient info about Xyrem. Not sure what this is supposed to accomplish, but there it is.
    :)
  3. elsa

elsa New Member

For the most part, when a doctor rx'es xyrem for a patient, he doesn't write it out and you get it filled at the local pharmacy.

The script gets sent to the company and patient is enrolled in the program. The medication is sent to patient directly from the company.

This is highly unnecessary in my opion as this used to be otc. They lovely little monsters who like to rape girls turned it into the "date rape" drug. Becomes of them, the millions of people who are helped by xyrem have to jump through some hoops.

That's about the extent of my knowledge on the program. Abbylee knows a boatload about it. You can either look up her posts or start a thread directly to her about it.

It's a good and useful medication for many. If you need it, don't let the strange proceedures turn you off.

Take care,

Elsa
  4. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

5. abbylee

abbylee New Member

True to form, if I see "Xyrem" on the board, I check it out.

The Xyrem Success Program is coordinated by Jazz Pharmaceuticals (at one time Orphan Medical), and the medication is sent via FedEx whenever you need a new shipment.

It is strictly controlled because is was abused in the past.

I'm not sure what infornation you desire, so please ask questions and I'll try to answer them.

abbylee
  6. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Maybe he has your sleep disorder. We have tried everything for his fatigue...supplements, injections, and he's been really sick with nausea this week. But the main thing I notice is that after a usual 10 or 11 hours of sleep, he wakes up extremely foggy, unresponsive and tired. He is 18, and probably will withdraw from college for now, since he missed this whole week of school. We are considering amalgam replacement, as our doc feels the mercury is a major contributor to his fatigue. So the xyrem has helped you? Do you have better concentration in the daytime? Is it a habit forming drug? And will you have to take it forever? I know that's a hard one to answer, but I'm still
    searching....
    Thanks in advance! Terri