The youtube video of the storm and the damage

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Feb 14, 2009.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

This is me in the house when I felt the roof blow off, BTW when I turned the camera off and opened the front door Twy was ready to come in, she got out when I went out back.

You can hear and see how how and wind and rain were blowing when I am on the deck, it still amazes me that there wasn't more damage, like didn't lose any windows and such.

Just thankful I got threw it and I have ins that will put a new one back on. Carla

2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

That was some storm. I thought only a tornado would pull off a roof.
    Sure glad you and the girls are ok.

What a scary experience!

3. PainPainGoAway

PainPainGoAway New Member

Wow-- just watched them both and how awful. Such a pretty roof, too! And what gorgeous clouds the next day...we had them here too.

I know when I was stuck here w/ the high winds last September, I could hear the wind tearing my place up...went outside to pick up a piece of siding (no rain, it was sunny and clear...) and the wind gust came behind me several times and lifted me off the ground and boom...I got my butt back inside...under my house sounded like a wildcat running around--I had to have a lot of work done, including new floors and walls in my dining room! So this storm, I left, not quite over that feeling of helplessness! We had that ice storm too but it wasn't too bad here, but I was scared. I've never been like that before, but it'll take some time to get over it I guess. I hope your place gets put back together quickly enough!

take Care,
  4. springwater

springwater Active Member

I just saw your utube, and can imagine your dismay as you stood there, surveying the damage afterwards. Yes, just horrible how a it takes just a few minutes to destroy what takes so long to built up, all the energy, time.

But i am also very proud of how you have just picked yourself up and just set to putting things right. Speaks volumes of your resilience and strength of character.

Now that you and your house have withstood & come out of this bit of 'rough weather' life threw you, heres wishing you many golden moments and years and years of happinesses and enjoyment in your this house.

Like Cate said, "theres no place like home".

God Bless
  5. ckball

ckball New Member

Poor Twy was shaking and I guess she was so scared with all the noise inside she thought it was better outside, but did come right back in and stuck to me like glue while the wind blew that one peice of loose metal on top of the roof and banged and banged all night long.

The second video was taken about an hour after the storm not the next day. Pain I do understand your fear after your first experience, glad you didn't have much damage this time.

I did think at one point the old roof would come up too, but I do have 2 roofs, when they added the front porch on they raised the roof and just built it over the first roof so I wasn't too worried that I would be seeing sky from my living room.

But don't want to go threw this again, thanks Rock, Cate, Springwater and Diane, the sun is shining but cool today and no winds- Carla
    [This Message was Edited on 02/15/2009]