Then there is days you decide to make a change in life

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tobelct, Sep 10, 2006.

1. tobelct

tobelct Guest

My name La'Vena. Im 34 with 4 kids from 7-18 I work full time and I manage the place I work at.

You all heard of soccer moms I guess Im a horse and moter bike mom.

I decided to change my life about 1 month ago. Why ? At the end of the day there is nothing left. Im not a mom when I walk through the door Im a couch potatoe until I walk out.

Im not an active person in my house hold other then activly wishing I could be.

So Im changing that.

At my job I can spend as much as 13 hours on my feet.
    I know I wonder every morning when I get up and can bearly place my feet on the floor how am I going to spend the next 8-13 hours on them. But somehow I do it. I don't know if its in the shower that I make that choice but I climb out and get dressed for work.

Now the pain well you know its there, and Ive learned how to deal with it. I no longer scream when I place my feet wrong but I must make some kind of noise cause once in awhile my customers notice.

but any way there is a Veternarian opening up in my little town and Im going to put in my application for receptionist. I did office work befor and other then filing and spelling I did pretty good.

Im also going to take some online classes for floral arrangements. It a hobby ive done now for quite some time and I think I will place some arrangements at the store when Im done to see how well they do.

And maybe a year or two down the road I can manage my own Floral shop. (My husband will have to do finance)

That way if I can not stand for 8 hours I can have one or two of my kids help out. and they could get paid.
    So they can start buying there own stuff and me and take that stress off of me. You know kids stuff.

Maybe then I can contribute more to there lifes.
    I started this thread because I think maybe some one else is out there like me.

They want to make changes. But triing to disscuss things with someone who doesn't understand our illness is hard.

If you know think you can help me with suggestions on my adventure please post them.

If you want to go on your own and you want to share please post.
  2. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

You are an inspiration!

For 3 years I was on disablity. I am 25 years old and have had FM, CFS, MPS, RLS also tendonitis...and a few others since I was 18. I was not dx'd until I was 20.

I too work a full time job, and it is hard as you know...VERY hard! But like you, I find a way to get through it...day-by-day.

I can choose to be unemployed and suffer or stay employed, get awesome benefits and still suffer the same as if i were at home. So I work a desk job, which helps alot. That is just my take on things because I understand that there are people that feel they have no choice but not to work. I choose to force myself to work due to my age. Maybe If I was older, I wouldnt be working.

I have no idea how you can stand that long! You must be Wonderwoman. You must also be a selfless woman who is a great Mom. You put your children's needs before your own needs and illness(es).

Keep up the great work. You are such a brave woman and you should be proud of yourself!

Love and Hugs,
    Stephanie

3. great I hope it works out for you!
  4. libra55

libra55 New Member

I don't know how you do it. I am looking for a job right now and they all require being on the feet. I am 50 and I have FM and Crohn's, plus tendonitis and bursitis really bad. There is nothing there for me.

I am looking into learning medical coding and billing, I have heard it pays fairly well and there is a demand for it.

I have also been a receptionist and have a lot of experience at that, but I can't find a receptionist job to save my soul.

My doctor told me to ice my feet down every day .....can you do that at night. even 10 minutes would help.

God Bless You

Michelle
  5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I'm applauding you! How wonderful to be so positive and proactive about your life.

If anyone can do it, you can.

Marta
  6. carebelle

carebelle New Member

You are truly an inspiration to many of us just hearing that you carry on with such a hard D. I really admire you .

I also love flower arranging and have had it for my hobby and did some things for sale on the side. It's a wonderful peaceful thing to do and brought me much happiness.

My illness (CFS/FM)has kept me from even that the last few years I have pain in my hands and can not get to the store to buy things or sit up long enough .The best I have done in three years is a door wreath . I even bought all ready made things for halloween last year.
  7. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I say YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nancy
  8. jake123

jake123 New Member

I work because I love getting a pay check. I tell myself that every morning when the alarm goes off at 5:00! But I don't think I could stand that long. I am sitting most of the time.
  9. Bren2135

Bren2135 New Member

I was so happy to read your post, because you mirror what has been going on in my life, this summer..!

I too, have come to a crossroads in my employment situation. I can't continue to take care of other people, when my energy would be much more productive, directed at taking care of myself.

My husband and I are looking to next spring, to think about buying another house -- and open my own business at this one -- a shop inspired by my beautiful backyard garden, full of art and crafts from local artisans. (I used to design and make dolls and a variety of artsy projects for our Amish tourist shops in my area: Why not put that time, energy, and money into working for myself?)

I'm thinking, like you, that it will offer much more flexibility, and lighten the mental stress that comes with working for a company. And, the benefits will trickle down to others in the family circle.

It's doable... it's exciting! Keep us posted on your progress!

Hugs,
    Brenda
  10. tobelct

tobelct Guest

Well this is an update on my quest.

Sent in resume to the vet. and he is not looking for help but will call me when he is ready. so I am back to were I started with thoughts of rearanging still. Im still doing my floral classes so I can get a jump start there when ready.

I still continue up to 13 hours on my feet and now It is starting to ware on me cause they have somehow bumped it up to 6 days every other week and not the five and I wanted four.

I had a talk with my bosses and pointed out they are going to end up getting me hospitalized if they don't find away to take off the heat. So they are accepting applications for another part time employee.

Just to keep you in the circle of things.
    Tobelct