Theracane for myofacial pain works good

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by redrock, Apr 15, 2007.

1. redrock

redrock New Member

Hello everyone. I had physical therapy the other day and she brought in a big plastic cane with balls on the end. It was like winning the lotto. Oh my god, I almost started crying when she had me try it. I have severe muscle problems in my neck shoulder and shoulder blades. I have tried the shiatsu massage chair pad,(at wal-mart or walgreens $100) works pretty good. I have been doing self massage to the point where my wrists and hands are numb. I have no insurance and no income so hard to get massages. The thereacane! Wonderful! The cost is around $30-$40, and well worth it. You can search on the net a lot of sites. The first night I used for about 4 hours way to long for it will take about a week before I can do it again, but that night was one of the best nights of my life. (sad huh) Ha! Hope this helps somebody.
    Love and peace
  2. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Why I have not bought one of these before, I don't understand. Thanks for bringing it up.

Your user name "redrock" by any chance does this have a Sedona connection?

3. Clay2

Clay2 New Member

I bought one locally at a chain of back pain stores. My trigger points are mostly internal and I have a great physical therapist so I haven't used it much.

On another forum for men with pelvic pain from myofacial pain it was also highly recommended.
  4. mezombie

mezombie Member

Gee, and my doctor even showed it to me in his office! Duh. I will get one.
  5. redrock

redrock New Member

theracane- it is a long durable plastic cane with plastic balls attached. It makes it really easy to massage any trigger points on your neck, shoulders, shoulder blades, and back. I need a lot of pressure in them areas and this allows you to do that without having to reach with your arms at all. Matter of fact, mine has 2 curves so I can place it on my shoulder and its long enough where I can press the cane down and it puts as much pressure on the muscle as i need. I seen on the websites they have directions, and dvds on how to use it. It is excellent for anyone with any back, neck, shoulder, pain. Or ask a physical therapist they should know what it is. Just do a search with thereacane.

About the name, I am in wisconsin but would love to see az. some day read a lot and know people that have been there. Sedona is suppose to be very pretty. Also, I think the weather would be fantastic for the cold and wet is hard to stand most days.
    have a nice day.

6. redrock

redrock New Member

Commercial? Low Blow. I am just trying to help people. I have had a really tough time, and this is an inexpensive way to help relieve some of the pain, and if I can help one person its worth it. I'm very non-commercial person, but thanks for your opinion. (I don't make a commission on any sales!)Ha! Anyway, peace and love everyone.
  7. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Sorry for the confusion, I am familar with the Theracane, I just cannot believe I have NOT bought one yet.

Your post is a good one, something else we all can consider trying in an effort to help ourselves.

We do have many tools to use. Maybe not the time and energy to use them all.

Have you read the book written by the piano tuner....I cannot find my copy and was trying to tell a poster in another thread.... He uses the Theracane....

Wish we could just get to the bottom of it all.

8. monalisa3

monalisa3 New Member

Yes, I've got it, the Clair Davies book- The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook.
  9. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Thank you !!!!

10. Juloo

Juloo Member

When my husband's not around, it's the ONLY way to reach the spots on my back. A few months after I got it, I was on vacation and in one of those Big Lots-type stores. I found on sale (for $15) a similar thing called an AccuReach Plus by Waterpik. It didn't have as many 'knobs' on it, but it plugged into a wall socket to add vibration into the mix so you can really dig in. I don't know if they still makes these anymore.
  11. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

i have had one of these on my Amazon wish list forever!!! i should have gotten one by now!!! my husband bought my a big electric massager that i can use to reach around to my is heaven!!! i use it on my neck to when i am getting a bad headache...<BR>
    but the theracane...i wasn't sure if i would use it or not...thanks for the info!!!
  12. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

I will be checking it out.
  13. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

I will be checking it out.