There are ALOT of DRs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bettydroop, Feb 9, 2006.

1. bettydroop

bettydroop New Member

who dont take insurance. I know people are weary of the FFCs just because they dont and yes they are expensive BUT there ALOT of Drs that have thrown their hands up and said forget it! Iam not going to deal with it ANYMORE!! We will see alot of this same thing in the near future. And it is scary, very scary. Insurance cos are more at fault than anyone and I promise I wont get started on that! LOL
  2. bettydroop

bettydroop New Member

hopeing someone will comment.
  3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

who just simply got tired of insurance forms...! He wanted to work with his patients, so he dropped all insurance, charges a flat fee a year for his services, and only takes a certain number of patients.

I think you're right about the trend; something will have to be done about health care costs especially as we Baby Boomers are reaching retirement...I'm one of the older ones.

So, you work for a doctor who doesn't take insurance. How do you handle payment? Guess I should have looked at your profile before responding. (-: A problem is that the doc may not accept insurance and make fees less, but then there are tests, etc. A big problem, but I think you may be on to something here. The insurance mess is getting too burdensome.

Awaiting your reply!

Sue
    [This Message was Edited on 02/10/2006]
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

When we were in NJ a lot of docs there were just having us submit our own insurance pay up front, esp. rheumies and such.

It is a growing trend. Insurances were really welching on doctor payments there too. Also the docs were charging an awful lot.

Love Anne
  5. bettydroop

bettydroop New Member

HI there. oh, did it sound like I worked for a Dr.??? Oh sorry - no thats not the case.

Even my OB/GYN RETIRED because of insurance and MALPRAC insurance. He became so irritated and just wanted out. And... this is a man who worked in his profession for over 20 years, he said he was so sad to leave, he really loved his practice. He delivered my son.

He was the best dr. I had ever seen. Its truely scary .

We really need to think up options. I always wondered what all the big wigs at insurance cos have as salaries.

It also should be illegal for someone other than your dr, to "Treat" you basically thats what they are doing. Saying what doses are right fo rsomeone and what treatment they should have etc etc. Nobody else can "POSE" as a Dr. in ANY situation -why can they, with out geting locked up??

I guess you can see how I feel-LOL