there are doctors who want progress too.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tansy, May 7, 2003.

1. tansy

tansy New Member

I read in "Interaction", Action for ME's (UK) journal, that one of the doctors resposible for CFS being seen as a somatisization disorder 15 years ago was back to his old tricks again in the British Medical Journal recently.

Looked up the article through a search engine. Yes he had featured all conditions with "unexplained symptoms" eg CFS Gulf War Syndrome ++++.

But guess what; the quick messages posted back to the journal showed many people are tired of his games and insisted things move forward now.

It may be taking time but I feel sure that things will soon start to accelerate, there's been too much good research recently. Drs will find it increasingly more difficult to continue valdidating their disbelief on the grounds that no significant abnormalities can be found in patients.

I got seriously involved in the world of CFS/ME fifteen years ago and beleive me campaigning was an uphill struggle.

Now, for the first time, I do see a light at the end of the tunnel for us all.

Cheers

Tansy
  2. T-BO

T-BO New Member

I sure hope you guys are right!!! I have had this DD for only a year and a half. I can not fathom 15 plus years.

I am praying.

Peace out!

T-BO