There is hope

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PSUflygrl, Jan 24, 2003.

1. PSUflygrl

PSUflygrl New Member

I just wanted to take this time to explain my story. I was a sophomore in high school when I got CFS. It completely absorbed my life, and I almost had to quit school. I was a hardcore cheerleader, and then I was forced to quit. I can't even express how I felt, although I know many of you are going through the same thing now. But, after a year or mis-diagnoses, I went to a cardiologist at Children's Hospital in DC. After many tests (the ultimate one being the tilt-table test) they discovered I had Neuro-Cardiogenic Syncope (or Neurally Meditated Syncope) which was causing the fatigue. As we all know, there is no known cure for Chronic Fatigue, although I do know that many of you have recieved treatment that almost completely eliminated the problem. I was not so fortunate. But getting my life back was more difficult than I ever imagined. But I just stayed positive, every day. I prayed all of the time. Eventually, I slowly got back everything that I had lost. Although my body was much weaker, I was mentally much stronger. I achieved more than I ever thought that I would. I ended up recieving the most prestigious award in our high school, the Principal's Award, for being the most outstanding student in my graduating class of 700 students. I was also named a valedictorian at graduation. I am now attending Penn State University where I am on the cheerleading squad. Although, I stil feel the fatigue daily and often I have to take a day or two off. Don't ever give up hope. I remember times when I thought there wasn't anything out there for me. Always remember, THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE!
  2. popgun

popgun New Member

I don't understand, do you have cfs or did you have a heart problem, or both?

[ advertisement ]