There is no place like home

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by danny3861, Apr 13, 2004.

1. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

There is no place like home.

I was born and raised in New York. It is considered my place of origin and my hometown. Though I have lived away from there for over twenty years, New York is still and will always be considered my "home". When I meet someone else from there we immediately have a bond and connection. We start talking about the food, the sights, the culture and we are transformed instantly into "hometown" buddies. It is as if we have known each other for years and were old united friends.

The same is true for you. The place of your physical birth is considered your hometown. It may be in America or in another country. The truth is that the place of our physical birth is just our earthly "homeland". We have a far more magnificent home that we will return to with Jesus Christ when the time is right. In the mean time, we look forward to that day and while here on earth share a common bond and connect from our Heavenly homeland where Christ reigns forever and ever.

You may have been used to thinking of your earthly birthplace of origin as "home". Now you are reminded that this place is not your home but merely a stop on your journey to your permanent home with Jesus Christ. - Gail Lindsay

"But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness." 2 Peter 3:13