Theresa & Michile......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jeanann, Aug 29, 2002.

1. jeanann

jeanann New Member

Thanks for the feed back. I was just dx October 2001. I have had all kinds of tests from my naturopath and medical doctor. I don't think i am being put off they just don't know about this disease. i just recently started on guafenesin. I have a low thyroid, I have spent so my time, energy and money on this disease. I also have interstital cytitis. I take, 100mg zoloft, 75mg doxepin for sleep, hydrocodone and ibuprufen for pain. I also take 1200mg of guai daily. I was dx by an accupuncturist, i did accupuncture for 4 months took chinese herbs and felt great!!!! however after i stopped going the pain returned. very expensive for the 4 months to have my pain cut by 50% i spent $5000. so i have a hot tub, a rolfer, a massage therapist, and i feel like i am chasing this disease. the doctors just son't know enough. there is one here oh i am in Alaska. Do you guys think i should go see him? I will have to pay , the other docs i am covered by the VA. I am trying to accept this disease. I don't know. love jean ann ((((((HUGS))))))))
  2. jeanann

jeanann New Member

Thanks for the feed back. I was just dx October 2001. I have had all kinds of tests from my naturopath and medical doctor. I don't think i am being put off they just don't know about this disease. i just recently started on guafenesin. I have a low thyroid, I have spent so my time, energy and money on this disease. I also have interstital cytitis. I take, 100mg zoloft, 75mg doxepin for sleep, hydrocodone and ibuprufen for pain. I also take 1200mg of guai daily. I was dx by an accupuncturist, i did accupuncture for 4 months took chinese herbs and felt great!!!! however after i stopped going the pain returned. very expensive for the 4 months to have my pain cut by 50% i spent $5000. so i have a hot tub, a rolfer, a massage therapist, and i feel like i am chasing this disease. the doctors just son't know enough. there is one here oh i am in Alaska. Do you guys think i should go see him? I will have to pay , the other docs i am covered by the VA. I am trying to accept this disease. I don't know. love jean ann ((((((HUGS))))))))
  3. thereseuk

thereseuk New Member

about chasing this disease or illness. Some board members do indeed go private with mixed results so it really has to be a personal decision.
    One thing that could cause you problems is the iboprofen in terms of stomach and liver problems with long term use so maybe you could think about an alternative. Its alwayas a kind of trade off with benefits and side effects which is one of the the things we have to grapple with.
    I Have you tried magnesium for pain relief. It seems of all the supplements that magnseium an bring about benefits. I,ve just ordered mine. If you do decide to try magnesium go for magnesium glycinate as this is better tolerated than the other forms.
    If you type magnesium into the search facility then that should pull up all the posts about magnesium which you can read which might be of help in deciding.
    It is a minefield trying to decidef what to take. Wouldnt it be great if some doctor actually knew evrything about this illness .
    I live in hope
    flove therese