Thermacare wraps

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TaniaF, Dec 1, 2002.

1. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

We have been talking about costo chondritis. Has anyone use these Thermacare adhesive wraps for rib aches. I get the ache where the ribs hit the waistline-- it's a crazy place and this area hurts when I sit, walk and even sleep on my side. Wondered if these heat patches could solve this ache????
    Tania
  2. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

We have been talking about costo chondritis. Has anyone use these Thermacare adhesive wraps for rib aches. I get the ache where the ribs hit the waistline-- it's a crazy place and this area hurts when I sit, walk and even sleep on my side. Wondered if these heat patches could solve this ache????
    Tania
  3. paula45

paula45 New Member

I used them a few months ago on a long flight for pain for compression fractures in the T-spine and around my ribs. They are a good thing and I don't know specifically if they'll help the costochondritis; but, they get VERY hot and stay hot forever almost. I had to remove it periodically just because they were intensely hot. I would never go to sleep with one on, but in my opinion they are a good thing. Definitely worth a try.
    Paula
  4. tandy

tandy New Member

They sound like they're worth a shot! I'll be getting some for my rib pain.Will let ya know.
    Tracey
  5. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

Those thermal wraps do indeed get hot and we have to treat them just like a heating pad...don't LAY on them or you WILL get burned.

Marilyn :)
  6. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

At home we have our heating pads and microwave rice socks---but thought these might be useful on car rides or when we are at the theater, etc. I live with a heating pad and I hate to part with it when I'm out.
    Tania
  7. sarasuzy

sarasuzy New Member

Hello Tania,
    Those thermacare wraps are wonderful! I'm young with fibormyalgia and have to work. I work as a nurse, so sometimes with all of the lifting of the patients, etc. I have severe back pain and am unable to walk at times. I can not afford to call off of work when this happens. I simply put one of those thermacares on about an hour before I go to work and by the time I go to work I feel like a whole new person and am able to walk again. They are a little pricey, but the cost is nothing compared to the relief you get.
    I have a friend I work with who also has Fibromyalgia who swears by thermacare. Good Luck in trying them and God Bless.
    Sarasuzy
  8. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I use them amd really like them. Just don`t sleep overnite
    with one on. I did that accidently one nite and I ended up
    with a mild burn from it.

Sandyz
  9. peggydwi

peggydwi New Member

I agree about using them overnight but now on the commercials they are advertising them for overnight relief..interesting.....

I do find a lot of relief with them. Can't use them in the summer because they get to hot but in the winter they are great..especially when you have to sit awhile.

Peggy
    [This Message was Edited on 12/02/2002]
  10. northwoodssue

northwoodssue New Member

Hi: I had to write. I'm an RN and know what you are going through trying to work with fms!!!! I tried for 4 years, and finally gave up, just couldn't do it. The thermacare adhesive wraps sound grreat. Do you get them at the regular drug store???? I have a thermal hot/cold wrap in an ace bandage for my wrists which really helps.
    With all the nurses with fms, I wonder if we shouldn't have our own chatroom or site??? just a thought.
    northwoods sue