Thermophore or Theratherm? Which to purchase? HELP NEEDED

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by razorqueen, Jul 3, 2006.

1. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

I would really like to buy one of them. Has anyone used the Theratherm? We are going on vacation of July 18th and I really need to get something to take with. Please help me!

Raz
  2. mlp1954

mlp1954 New Member

I invested in a Thermophore and I recommend it highly. It gives great heat, moisture, and it wont burn you cause it will turn off if you dont keep it set. I love mine and it comes in a large size. I dont think everyone sells them, I found mine in a medical supply pharmacy. Let me know if you get one. Pattie
  3. SandraJean

SandraJean New Member

I have a Thermaphore also and really like it. It works better than anything I've ever used before. Sometimes when nothing else will help with my pain, all I have to do is use this heating pad and the pain will subside.

I bought mine on-line.

I think you'd enjoy it. Good luck,

Sandy
  4. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi Raz...I have 3 Thermaphore large-size heating pads, and love them. I have had them for years We have an inverter for the car and I take one when we travel.

They also have a good repair policy...about $25.00 if they are out-of-warranty.

Good luck! Ann
  5. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

is basically the same thing as a Termophore except you don't have to hold the control button on all the time. I really don't want to have to hold the button in all the time. Do you have to do that with a Thermophore?
    also, can you lie on top of it? If I use it in bed at night and fall asleep on it is that a problem over time?[This Message was Edited on 07/03/2006]
  6. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

bumping for input, PLEASE!!!!!!! :^)
  7. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi Raz...yes the Thermaphore's have a control button which if I am sitting, I slide under my leg until it gets too warm, then slide it out to turn it off. I think it would get too hot to have it on all of the time.

I have fallen asleep on mine and my fingers unclench and let off of the button...good thing or you could burn yourself! You could put more fabric around it if you were worried.

Hope this helps....Ann
  8. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

I did lots of research looking at customer reviews and most people said Thermophore. It can get as hot as you want, as long as you keep the button pushed (although i *think* with the new Arthritis one, you don't have to do that). Most people said you could position the control under your leg or something so you didn't have to hold it with your hand if that was tiring.
  9. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

a Theratherm today from pain relief dot com for a total of 63.80 USD that is including shipping. In order for me to buy the same thing here in Canada, it would of cost me $122! It is the same as the Thermophore, except it has a digital control so you don't have to hold the button in. It has a timer on it and the longest it can be on at any given time is 60 min. This is the standard size which is 14"X 27". Hope it will be here in time for my Holidays!
    Raz