These Awful Headaches! Help!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TaniaF, Feb 18, 2009.

1. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

For the last month, I have been getting what I call trigger point headaches daily. (This is not really new--I have had this in the past). The pain (not throbbing) moves from place to place on my scalp, neck area at base of scalp and forehead nodes up near scalp.

These so called headaches cause me to feel sick, dizzy, ringing in ears, and are miserable. Lying down makes them worse sometimes. Then I could feel better and then wake up with it.

Neurologist calls it Migraine SYNDROME--says we can have all kinds of symptoms, sometimes without the pain. Google this syndrome--it really exits. ENT says it is not Menieres or BBPV because I'm not spinning just off balance. I thought it could be a sinus problem, but recent CT scan showed all sinus areas were open and free of infection. My head and brain were noraml as well. My next doctor visit is to be check for TMD/TMJ.

I have been diagnosed with Myofascial Trigger points and I do have a bad case at the shoulder area. Could these knots really cause me to feel like my head is going to explode?

I need to know, is it just me? Do others with FM/CFS/MPS have headaches and what do you do for relief. I have a history of Tachycardia (racing heart) and stomach gastritis so I limit my pain med to just Tylenol.

Any alternative or home remedies?

Thanks for reading --I really need help--these MD's are just pushing me off to the next one.

2. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I've been suffering for the last few days with an ocular migraine. My right eye and my head are killing me, so you have my sympathies.

Sometimes, if you take pseudofed, it will help temporarily. So that's what I try. That with aspirin or tylenol. I've got terrible acid reflux, so I have the same aspirin problems. Lots of rest in a quiet dark room.

I don't know what else to do for this.
  3. It sounds similar to what I get. Pain starts at the bottom of the head on both sides behind ear area and above the sides of top ear and sometimes to the top of head. That is when they started me on lyrica and Pt of neck. If I try lowering the lyrica I feel it coming back and it is horrid. Part of muscle pain from fibro.
  4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

This may sound too simple but do you have enough moisture in your house? When the heat's on constantly or dry winter air is the norm, try running a humidifier in your home.

If you can't do that, try some saline nasal sprays to get moisture to the dry tissues, it does help.

5. loto

loto Member

i don't remember where i got this thing from, but it's like a sleep mask that goes over your eyes, only it's filled with something so you can freeze it, (but it doesn't get hard), might be those little bead things. anyway, it also has eucalyptus in it, and that used to help me with my headaches years ago before i had fibro. Used to get killer headaches as a teenager and in my 20's. Wish i could remember where i got it and what it's actually called. maybe somewhere you can find something like it.
    oh, yeah, and when i now get terrible headaches that pain relievers alone won't stop, i take flexeril to relax all my muscles, and it takes the headache away
    good luck finding something!