These dang headaches....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jpswife_4boys, Oct 17, 2002.

1. jpswife_4boys

jpswife_4boys New Member

are gonna get the best of me. It feels like a tension headache but it makes me feel like I'm going cross eyed. I am also having alot of ear aches in my right ear. I was thinking it was a med. I was taking so I stopped taking it but the headaches aren't going away. Unfortunately I've been like this before and it lasted a few weeks, day in day out. Then all of a sudden the headache went away. I have a dr. appointment next week so I'm trying to wait until then to tell him about these headaches. These headaches make me so irritable and very tired. (pray for my kids!) This dd is making me nuts. I never know if I'm getting sick or if it's just part of this dd. If you can suggest anything that might take the edge off please share with me!

Crissie
  2. jpswife_4boys

jpswife_4boys New Member

are gonna get the best of me. It feels like a tension headache but it makes me feel like I'm going cross eyed. I am also having alot of ear aches in my right ear. I was thinking it was a med. I was taking so I stopped taking it but the headaches aren't going away. Unfortunately I've been like this before and it lasted a few weeks, day in day out. Then all of a sudden the headache went away. I have a dr. appointment next week so I'm trying to wait until then to tell him about these headaches. These headaches make me so irritable and very tired. (pray for my kids!) This dd is making me nuts. I never know if I'm getting sick or if it's just part of this dd. If you can suggest anything that might take the edge off please share with me!

Crissie
  3. sickandtired

sickandtired New Member

Do you have problems in your right neck shoulder area? Thats where I get mine. I never used to get headaches at all, then I would get some, And then they were everyday. I used to tell my doctor that I had a half of headache. He always looked at me puzzled. But I got a headache on primarily my right side of my head. in my eye, in my ear, under my jaw and in my temple. the right side was always much worse than the left.

Thats when my doctor started perscribing vicoden for me every day.[This Message was Edited on 10/18/2002]
  4. tedebear

tedebear New Member

All part of the fibro. Neurontin seems to take away the pressure. Are you on any meds?

Good luck! Take care. Soft hugs.
  5. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

but not nearly as many as I was having a year or so ago. My friend gave me two books on reflexology. It really helped me..it helped the headaches and tmj both. I also take garlic EVERY day.. and if I start having ANY ear problems..I take more of it..it really has helped that. And finally..you will think I am crazy (and I am..LOL) I changed shampoos..I did not believe that would make such a difference..but it sure did. I was using Herbal Essence..I loved it..but my head did not. I use Garden Gates shampoos and conditioners now and get along really well. I also quit using boughten bath soap..I use goat milk soaps now..made off of peoples farms and out of their kitchens..it has made a big difference for both myself and hubby. I hope even one of these things helps..my headaches have truly driven me to tears..and I feel bad for you..
    Heres hoping you have a headache free day soon....still

Oh..I almost forgot..now when I start feeling one come on..I take two tablespoons of honey and drink a glass of water..I do not know how it does it..but since I started doing this..it has stopped the headache in its tracks.[This Message was Edited on 10/18/2002]
  6. fibolady

fibolady New Member

i switched pillows (back to a regular) and that helped or it was by coincidence i awoke that morning without a headache. this month has been TERRIBLE for me too! everyday for weeks.
    maybe the change in the weather along with the increased fms symptons?

ususally they are around that time of month and last for days, but now they are coming and staying. people that don't get headaches don't understand how debilatating they are.

keep me posted of any updates on your doctor visit, i am interested in any information. i did find that one of my meds was causing headaches, tramadol. i usually take ultram and the rx sent me the generic instead.

i switch between midrin and imitrex (not the same day!) for these nasty headaches, use icepacks, stay in dark rooms. they say to drink a coke, the caffein helps. if you wake up in the middle of the night, or very early morning and can take an imitrex and lay back down for a few hours this really helps. but, most people can't do that.

also, some on the board have had success with taking the herb feverfew. (unfortunately did not work for me) i am still looking for the new feverfew spray that someone mentioned was available.

recently i have been working on trigger points in the neck, maybe that is the reason for increased headpain, who knows!
    my pain is also usually on the right side.

please keep us updated on your news next week.

warm regards, fibolady

[This Message was Edited on 10/20/2002]
  7. Ponygirl

Ponygirl New Member

Boy do I know the feeling. Finally getting relief from my chiropractor. Degenerative discs in my neck. Also wonder drug called esgic plus for me. Try and see if you can get some to ease the tension. Good luck
  8. tandy

tandy New Member

I"ve been getting these wonderful headaches for yrs!I have to agree with ponygirl.....get yourself some Esgesic plus!!I've tried lots of different headache meds and this is the best!!Also theres one called Fiorecet....thats great too!!!Both are prescription pain medications.
    Good luck!!Headaches are the worst!!!
    Warm regards,
    Tracey....(nobodyswife 3boys)lol
    [This Message was Edited on 10/20/2002]
  9. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

Also along with the earaches, it could be TMJ.

I have a increase in migraine type headaches myself. Mine if from the TMJ, and in the process of getting it taken care of. Ultram, and Skelaxin seem to help so far. I still get the headaches, but not as intense.