These "Forgeteos" aren't funny anymore

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dononagin, Apr 27, 2007.

1. dononagin

dononagin New Member

To borrow my favorite fibro-fog name from our dear friend Mr. Dad...

Forget-eos...

This isn't funny anymore - I know we try to laugh it off and poke fun at our own expense with our fibro-moments, there comes a point where it's just not funny anymore.

My staff laughs at me when I forget words and makes a game of trying to figure out what I'm talking about. But what do my clients think? How can I continue to work in a professional world when I'm losing my mind?

I had a bad morning... I forgot to set up a meeting for my HR Manager this morning. I answered his e-mail saying no problem, than forgot all about it.

I'm sitting at my desk a few minutes after the mad scramble to get this meeting set up and in walks the Executive Assistant telling me that she really thinks my health is deteriating and if the doctors can't help me maybe I need to see a psycologist.

I truly wanted to hit her.

This isn't funny anymore. It's getting really scary. My cognitive problems are going to get me fired. It's just a matter of time.

I am tired of suddenly finding my self lost when I'm driving.

I am tired of not remembering words.

I am tired of feeling like my job is on the line because I've lost my focus.

It's just not funny anymore.

If you dump a big load on a camel at one time he can't handle the weight, but if you add the weight a little at a time, eventually it only takes one straw to break the camel's back.

I feel like the camel.. One more straw and I'm going to break.

I've decided to ask my doc for a referral to a neuro. I need help.

Love to all,
    dona
  2. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I understand what your going through. I will be talking with my family and know just what I want to say when out of the blue I can't remember a word , I will stumble try to get that word out. I can see it in my brain but my tounge just can't spit it out.

I will say things like you know that "thingy" or try to back up and repeat what I had said. I struggle with this alot.

I hate it when I am talking to my doctor and have some thing to tell him and when I go to speak the words just won't come out and I am embarassed and feel really stupid that I can't speak with out stuttering, stammering, grasping at straws to be able to get what I want to say in the right order.

I would like to be albe to speak and not have to hem and hah becuase I am missing a word, or I have forgetten what some one has told me.

MY daughters tend to get mad at me when they have told me some thing that is important to them and when they ask me if I remembered the converstation I don't even remember that they told me any thing. It is so upsetting to not be able to speak and not have the words to complete what I want to say.

So yes I understand how you feel.
    ~HUGS~
    Rosemarie
  3. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Cognitive Problems are scary. When you can't focus and your memory is bad it certainly isn't fun.

Are you taking any supplements for your cognitive functions? I know there are some people here say are very helpful. Maybe you could do search to see if there is something you can take.

A trip to the neurologist may be a good idea as well.

I hope you find something that helps you!

Take Care,
    Pam
  4. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Noenergy - Thank you, I've tried some of the memory supplements, even sprung for focus factor but it is just getting worse.. scary!

Carla - You just hit on my fear.. that this might be more than fibro..

Rosemarie - I go throught that too, both at work and home. Forget entire conversations.. It's frustrating!

Pam - I've been doing some searches today and I think Yes, a neuro is the way to go.

Learner - Thats exactly what I'm afraid of. I'm heading for a major meltdown and can't seem to stop it from happening. It's getting to where it will be almost a relief when it's over. I can't handle this feeling that the other shoes about to drop..

All of you, Thank you so much for letting me vent. Thank God we have somewhere to go where somebody understands!!

Love to all,
    Dona