THEY JUST DON'T GET IT!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by luv2float, Oct 22, 2005.

1. luv2float

luv2float New Member

My friends and family are so CLUELESS!

I've been complaining all week about my legs. It is an effort just to walk around the apartment and I feel like I've been hit by a truck.

Last night my best friend suggested we all go out dancing tonight. My husband even said OK. I just can't believe they still don't get it with me that I have fibro! I told her I'm not a party pooper, it's just to painful. My husband said, well I've seen you do it before. Yea, when I was not in a flare up.

How do I get them to understand?? I don't want to loose another friend because I can't do much.

Please help.
  2. Empower

Empower New Member

They could NEVER understand unless they have been through it themselves

If you never experienced a bad backache, and then someone you knew had a slipped disk or something, you would never be able to understand their severe pain.
  3. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

It's sad for us, but no, they don't get it.

Tigger
  4. MeNow

MeNow New Member

is a lost battle. I lost so many friends, they think that I am depress. I am not. I just have pain and it doesn't bleed.
    My partner is great he is the one to tell people that I am not to it today. Even that is looked as I am using him to espcape obligations. I am so tired.
    I wish I had the answer to that one, maybe find a branding iron and burn it on our forehead "Fibro"
    Sorry not much help here.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/22/2005]
  5. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

I'm going to bump a story called "Spoons." You might be able to use it to educate your people!

Hope your flare give you a break soon!

Take Care!

Francie