They took my moms breathing tubes out

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rene, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Rene

Rene New Member

I just called the nurse and they removed her breathing tubes an hour ago. I saw her last night as she had her second surgery for that sepisus shock infection.

The nurse said she can't talk though. I got a big delimma again with where to put my mom like nursing home and will need you help but I can't deal with that now.
    Shes still in ICU.

Thanks for your caring.
    Rene
  2. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

So glad to hear the news about your mom, just baby steps each day for her getting better. Take Care.

Ann
  3. findmind

findmind New Member

Such good news!

Consumer's Report just did an article on nursing homes.

Essentially, they said do not use the "chains", for-profit ones.

They said the best care is in the not-for-profit ones, with more staffing and better management.

Privately owned ones are the best.

Let's just get Mom out of ICU now, and keep on talkin' to that Man above, ok?

It's working!
    findmind
  4. Rene

Rene New Member

Yes that is great news! Thanks for the well wishes and support!

That neighbor lady I met said her caregiver can comeover and do some cleaning for an hour for me so that will be good too.

I think its really good her tube is out and I would think that means she is probably not gonna die. Thats how I took it. My mom will be feeling better just with those tubes out but she still has feeding tubes.

Yes next step keep the breathing tube out and then to get her out of ICE though I love the care she gets.

Thanks,
    Rene

5. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

It's such good news that she has those tubes out & I do hope she continues to make good progress. You must be exhausted with all that you are going through; she is fortunate to have such a loving, caring daughter.
  6. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Just wanted to drop a line to say I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.
  7. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Glad to hear the news. We are all here for you.

God bless;
    Pam
  8. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi yes I really feel you guys are here for me every step of the way and it is great.

That lady came for an hour and boy was it nice that she cleaned and did a good job.

Thanks for the well wishes and prayers
    Rene
  9. pepper

pepper New Member

about your mom. And how wonderful that you got that lady to help with your cleaning.

Prayers for you and your mom.
    Pepper
  10. ckball

ckball New Member

That is good news about your mom.

My phone has been out all day and I have not been able to get on to see how you were doing.

Sometimes there is a social worker at the hospital that will help you. =That is what they did for me and mom. She probably will be in the hosp for a week maybe two.

Are they going to set a goal for her to walk on this hip again>

Maybe the nurse you know could help find the right person to help you and your momther.

How are you holding up? Hang in there and take care-Carla
  11. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi as of tonight she is still off the tubes. Thanks again everyone.

Thanks too Carla for always caring and helping. My mom has been in her bed for about 1 1/2 yrs. She doesn't like to leave her room and she will sit in her wheelchair maybe a half hour a day.

Yes, good idea about the social worker. I will have to be getting into that kind of help next after she gets out of ICU.

Take care,
    Rene
  12. kjfms

kjfms Member

Glad your mother is doing better. My mother is in a nursing home and quite honestly it has been harder on me than her.

She always preferred stay by herself and not socializing. She is now (after several months) playing bingo, listening to musical guests, watching television, and going to church services. Not all of the time mind you but when she wants to and that is great.

Nursing homes are not that bad if you check them out, talk to staff, and check about lawsuits against them.

If you need any help or have any questions I would be more than happy to try and help.

You are so right to just take it a step at a time that is the only way to do it.

All hospitals have a social worker-any nurse or physician can put you in contact with this person.

Best wishes to you and you mother,

Karen :)
    [This Message was Edited on 08/10/2006]