Thick blood - India member

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deepak, Dec 28, 2011.

1. deepak

deepak Member

Hello to everyone, :)

I am a new member here and since a year have been battling with all the symptoms of fibromyalgia though here the awareness of this diseases is so less that all that the doctors tell me is - oh you have anxiety - but I know its much more than that :(/

I have been reading about the hypercoagulation thing happening in fibro patients and I suspect I have this problem too. I notice that when I press my hand or fingers also for a second , it becomes white and slowly the blood again flows in and become normal color again.

My question is - What test should I do to check if I have hypercoagulation ? Also, has anyone tried Hyperbaric oxygen therapy for this or for fibro and seen any improvement ??

Love to all and may God bless us all,

2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Welcome to our boards. I think you'll like it here.

HEMEX Labs has a panel of tests but I don't know what is available in India. Still their website is a wealth of info. My indicator was a very low SED Rate test. Most docs think a low result is good but a very low result may indicate excess fibrin in the blood. It's only an indicator and not definitive but, for me, it signaled thick blood. My doc allowed me to inject Heparin twice a day at low dose and kept an eye on my labwork. I had very strong Herx-like reactions as the fibrin and platelet clumps dissolved and the pathogens hiding out in them hit the bloodstream. My own immune system went into overdrive and there was a huge dieoff of pathogens. One has to go slowly so as not to effect a toxic-shock-like reaction.

Heparin is no longer available to individuals in the US and the replacement, Lovenox, is horribly expensive. After much research, I found that the enzyme, Nattokinase, is even more effective in removing excess fibrin and it's an oral supplement.

Good luck to you.

Love, Mikie
  3. deepak

deepak Member

Dear Mikie,

Thank you for the welcome and reply. It feels so nice to be talking to someone who understands ! A few questions :) -

1) When you say Sed Rate do you mean ESR ( Erythyrocite sedimentation rate . If yes, can you share how low yours was ? Is there no readily available tests that can signal thick blood ? I just intuitively feel my problem is this.

2) Did the blood thinning you did help in your symptoms ?

3) Can you please tell me if I can order Nattokinase from any online , reliable site.

God bless,

4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Yes, Sed Rate test is the ESR. Mine was down to a 1 at one point. Seven is about normal for me. A low SED rate is not definitive. That is why HEMEX has a panel of tests which can show whether it is excess fibrin in the blood which is making it thick. There are other things which can lead to thick blood. Diabetics often have thick blood.

The Heparin and nattokinase helped break up the fibrin clumps and exposed pathogens hiding there from the immune system. That causes the immune system to go on a killing spree which is good in terms of clearing up chronic infection. One gets worse from the effects of having a body full of toxic, dead pathogens until they are excreted. They are excreted through sweat, harsh diarrhea and, sometimes, nausea. Once these clear the body, one starts to feel much better.

Nattokinase is sold here in the store. Just click on Store in the upper left-hand area in the banner stripe. You can do a lookup from A to Z. Just click on N. ProHealth has excellent products but I'm not sure where all they ship. You could ask.

Good luck with this. Even if one uses supps, blood thinning should be done under a doc's supervision.

Love, Mikie
  5. deepak

deepak Member

Thank you again Mikie :).

One lab here in India has a coagulation panel, including fibrinogen, Prothrombin , PTT , D -dimer , CBC and bleeding and clotting time. I am getting this done tommorow. Will let you know how it goes :)

Do you mean also if I use nattokinase , I should do it under a docs supervision. Any idea of what values do you monitor when you take this supplement ?

6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

One mainly has to be careful of not becoming a bleeder. Whatever blood tests docs run on people on blood thinners would be appropriate. If you start to bruise easily, it's usually an early clue that you need to stop, or slow down, on the blood thinner.

Strangely enough, though, one can hemmorhage even with thick blood. The excess fibrin can trap platelets and they can't get to a wound site to clot the blood.

I'm not a medical professional so I always suggest people work with their docs when using anything new or having any new symptoms.

Good luck and keep us informed regarding your blood panel.

Love, Mikie
  7. deepak

deepak Member

I got a standard coagulation profile done here yesterday and these are the results.

Fibrinogen, Plasma 342 ( Ref range 200-400 )

aPTT 27.70 ( Ref range 30-40 seconds)

Prothrombin time 13 ( Ref range 11-16 seconds)

PT INT value 1 ( Standard therapy INR 2-3 )

(reproduced material removed due to lack of "permission to reproduce" statement."

Seems I might have this hypercoagulation problem.

Does anyone have any experience being treated by Dr Goldberg?

I want to start nattokinase right away. What dose should I take and any precautions to take while taking it ?

Thanks so so much

8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You can go online to look up the benefits of the nattokinase. Also, if you look it up in the store, you can read what is on the label. The supps usually have a recommended dose. Good luck. Be sure to let your doc know you are taking the natto.

Love, Mikie
  9. deepak

deepak Member

Mikie, do you have any thoughts on my coagulation profile results ??

In an article I read by Dr Goldberg he says Fibrinogen levels above 300 should be considered elevated and that if aPTT levels are low in a standard coagulation profile it points to thicker blood.

10. inbetweendays

inbetweendays New Member

you may want to google a dr. majid ali---he speaks extensively about this issue....
    also--you may want to research online systemic oral enzymes--[This Message was Edited on 01/01/2012]
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm sorry but I never had the tests and am not a medical professional so I'm not competent to intrepret your results. My doc and I did everything empirically with only my SED rate to go on. He was comfortable doing that. One way to know is to try the treatment and watch for Herx-like reactions. It should happen well before there is too much thinning of the blood. Herxing is uncomfortable but is a good sign. Will your doc discuss this with you? Let us know.

Love, Mikie
  12. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Some other natural blood thinners are grapeseed extract, pycnogenol, garlic, ginger, and fish oil (there are others too!) You can look these up. They can interfere with prescription blood thinners.

Also, Mikie has given you good information re natto.

I'm afraid I can't give you any advice re your blood tests or what is best to try. Hopefully your doctor can help you there.

Best wishes,