Thigh cramping

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tcpolchies, Nov 4, 2005.

1. tcpolchies

tcpolchies New Member

for the last week or so I have noticed severe cramping/spasming on my thighs and a twitch on the RT eye lid. This is the same eye which suffered pstosis of the eye coreccted with surgery. Cymbalta was upped to 40mg last week prior to this I had the usual spasms throughout the body but dont recall the severe cramping up on my thighs and twitch on rt eye. Last I had that twitch was several years ago rt before my eye lid drooped.

Anyone else experience this problem while taking Cymbalta??

T~
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Hope you get some replies. I don't take Cymbalta, but I do take Effexor which is the same type med...no thigh cramping. That doesn't really mean too much since we are different people and the meds are different. Did the pharmacy sheet list muscle cramping as a side effect?

Anyway, hope you get some info.

Take care,
    Sue
  3. Sidnee

Sidnee New Member

because of the muscle pain in my thighs and below my knees, but not in my calves.
  4. tcpolchies

tcpolchies New Member

So do you think th ecymbalta caused the muscle cramping in your thighs and leggs and did you have a twitch in any of your eyes?

T~
  5. tcpolchies

tcpolchies New Member

None heard of to date. I'm going to check with my psychiatrist on Monday. It was so bad that I was dragging my rt leg around for a day or two off and on.

T~
  6. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

My thighs seem to be the most affected. They twitch, spasm, swell and cramp almost each day. It gets so bad that I almost drag them around. They have given out several times and I fell down. I am not taking cymbalta! This started before I was on anything.
  7. tcpolchies

tcpolchies New Member

No, the pharmacy sheet list did not list this as a side affect. Perhaps my muscles spasms are progressing to other parts of my body. I usually have it around the neck shoulder grids, arms buttocks, leggs but have never noticed it directly on my thighs. Today os a better day. Just burning sensations today.

T~
  8. Tiels

Tiels New Member

This is one of the worst pains I have~~ this and the ache in the hip area when I have heavy duty housework. Oh it hurts so bad. Feels like someone jabs me in the thigh with an ice pick, then the spasms~~

I'm sorry for you~~ ain't fun~
  9. tcpolchies

tcpolchies New Member

Im sorry to hear your aching so much today. When I got home from work yesterday I could barely keep my eyes open. I was reading a story to my little man and I vaguely recall what happen there after. Had to lay down due to severe weakness around 5:30p. I drifted off to sleep and was awaken by my lil man at 9:30p. Still, I couldnt keep my eyes open. The trembling in my hands and leggs was pretty bad. Im feeling too weak these days and I dont know whats happend. When I intially started taking Cymbalta I was feeling pretty good, full of energy. Now I feel as if I had a set back.

Totally Disapointed in NM.
    T~