Thin skin - blue-ish tint

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by getfitat40, Nov 11, 2005.

1. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

Not the emotional type of thin skin and I'm not a smurf, but my veins on my arms, legs, and hands are looking really weird.It might just be another aging event but I am wondering if anyone has this issue.

I am 43 and blessed an olive complexion. In the past 6 months I have noticed the veins on my hands, palms, & arms are not only extremely prominent but parts of my body seem to have a blue-ish tint. When I asked my doctor about it - he reminded me I am not 16 anymore and it is an aging thing. But I think it is weird since they are increasing and my arms look like a chicken coop wire fence. Weird description but the pattern is symetrical and has the look of that type of fence.

Anyone have similar skin issues??

Confused but not 16 anymore (thanks Doc!!) LOL
  2. tilla

tilla New Member

I started having the skin problems when I was your age. I would bruise just like old people and I never took aspirin, so that was not the cause. It slowly got worse, used to never have it on legs, then that started.

I am now 58 and sleep with oxygen at night and my bruises are gone. My pain is gone too. I am really amazed at the power of oxygen.

Tilla
  3. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

Tilla - Thanks for the response. Mine isn't really bruising - more that the veins are so close to the surface that I look blueish...I hate it.
    Anyone else?

Nancy
  4. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Getfitat40

I am 53, but I also have this same issue. I am of olive complexion also. I notice it all over my upper chest area. I look like a road map!!

I have had so many other pain issues that I always forget to ask the doc, but will when I go back. I am wondering about it also. I just don't think that it is normal.

I will try to remember to post about it!

God bless.....MamaR
  5. tilla

tilla New Member

I also have the viens real close to the skin. I asked the doctor about it but he said, you just have thin skin and you can see the viens better.

Tilla
  6. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

For your replies...it is good to know I am not the only one becoming a smurf. I guess I just need to accept another lovely sign of aging...thin skin.

Take care, Nancy
  7. pirtpain

pirtpain New Member

I am 52 and about 5 years or so ago I noticed that the veins on the top of my hand and on my arms looked so close to the skin that people taking my blood would comment "gee
    no trouble finding your veins". My legs seem okay. I also get bruises constantly, but do take 86mg. of aspirin daily.
    I just figured that the thin skin is just do to age.

PIRT
    [This Message was Edited on 11/13/2005]