Things I thank God For

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Takesha, Aug 25, 2003.

1. Takesha

Takesha New Member

During the rougher times in life, I started a habit. Before I go to bed at night, I list at least 5 things I am grateful for. This always helps me to fall a sleep instead of laying there worrying or thinking negative thoughts. In really chaotic times,the list was difficult but I could always come up with something. I am in a "grateful mood" this morning and thought I'd post my list, as a form of Worship.

I am grateful for the beautiful sunrise
    for the birds singing their praises to God for another day.
    I am grateful for my little dog laying here at my feet and for his faithfulness and love.
    I am grateful that I slept all night and grateful that my pain was such that I could sleep.
    I am grateful that I started my day with a wonderful man who loves and cherishes me
    I am grateful that he felt well enough today to work.
    I am grateful that he makes my coffee for me every morning, because it's a little thing that is a "labor of love" and the smell of it in the air when I wake up each morning makes me feel secure and loved.
    I am grateful for the email I received from a pen pal friend that has lupus and other illnesses. I hadn't heard from her in a while.
    I am grateful that my God is a loving God and denies me nothing that I need.
    I am grateful for this board, and the people who meet me here everyday, for the comfort, the laughter, the prayers.
    I am grateful for being loved.

I am also grateful that I could go on and on, what is the old song.."Count Your Blessings name them one by one, Count your Blessings see what God has done."
    Tell me, what are you grateful for today? If we can put our little hands together and applaud an actor, a guest speaker, a touch down, we can put our little hands together and give God a round of applause for all he has accomplished for us!
    Hugs to you all
    Takesha
  2. mamafrey

mamafrey New Member

My children love to do this also. We go around in a circle one at a time thanking Jesus for things we are grateful for. Yes, i am human, am not consistant with this, something i need to do more often with them.

Here is what i am grateful for today,

The Love of Jesus Christ and his forgiveness!

THIS WORSHIPBOARD and eveyone on it! (what a blessing it has been to me)

My home, family and friends

The sounds of nature that i hear when i am taking my walk, (its Gods country out here!)

My trials and tribulations, it makes my faith grow

GOD BLESS EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU TODAY

Love, mama

3. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

I'm grateful that God forgives me for my sins each day.
    I'm grateful that /I have been saved.
    I'm grateful that my Wife and kids have been saved.
    I'm greateful that as a family , we all go to church each week.
    I'm glad when the Lord gives me another day in which to spread his word and witness.
    Note: The witness part I need to work on!!
    I'm going back to work for a bit, but I'll post more later.

I have a letter from Billy Graham daughter that I will post later, and it will make a person reflect on this life of ours.

Everyone God bless, Amen, Danny
  4. Takesha

Takesha New Member

And I am thankful for God Answering prayer. For all the answers to prayer we see here and for Lisa realizing that God was always with her.
    For the steadfast Love of the Lord that never ceases and that His Mercy never comes to an end.
    I am thankful, that I am standing right were I am today, because without all the circumstances that led me here, I would not be rejoicing like I am. Thank you God that you turn everything to the good for those who love you.

I am grateful, that I am able to be grateful.
    I thank God that he iIS and will continue to move by His Holy Spirit, in behalf of all of those that seek His face.

This is the day the Lord hath made, I will rejoice and be EXCEEDING GLAD in it.

Takesha
  5. Kim

Kim New Member

I'm grateful that I'm His child
    I'm grateful that He answers prayer
    I'm grateful that He provides
    I'm grateful for my friends
    For my husband
    for my little kitty
    for my home

I'M GRATEFUL THAT MY REDEEMER LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kim
  6. ValleyGirl89

ValleyGirl89 New Member

I like your idea of listing things to be thankful for!

I am thankful that God was there for me all along and is giving me another chance to serve him.

I am thankful for my sister Debbie for introducing me to this site and giving me a little shove to be active and not just sit back and do nothing.

I am thankful for all of the wonderful people on this site that have given me encouragement, advise, welcomed me here knowing that at the time, I wasn't living as I should, making me feel so at home.

I am thankful for my husband and my daughter.

I am thankful that my husband has a job even if it is not a great one.

I am thankful that God has provided my family and I with our needs to make it in this world.

I am grateful for the caring, loving sister God provided me with that has always been there for me no matter what life has thrown at us.

And I am grateful for the continued prayers, support and blessings that I recieve from this board everyday!

Lisa