Things that boost fatigue, not only for a short time?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dani78xo, Nov 16, 2006.

1. dani78xo

dani78xo New Member

So I'm already taking Concerta 18 mg for fatigue everyday, to help me get through school.

It's not quite enough though.

I don't want another serious med for fatigue, because I feel like it's only going to mask the fatigue. I don't want to mask it, I want to make it go away.

Are there any natural things that can REALLY help with fatigue? I've heard of proBOOST, does that work?

Looking for something that'll increase my energy levels; not only for however long it's in your system, though. (Again, I don't want actual meds, but maybe there are some supplements that help with this?)

I'm taking Viactiv (sometimes up to 3 a day, it's calcium.) And magnesium pills.

Supposed to take the B-50 supplement, but it's enormous, and I can't swallow things that big =].

Any suggestions would be great.
    -Danielle.
  2. elliespad

elliespad Member

Energy, strength, endurance, or lack of it, the story of my life. What I take, and plan to take, again:

1. NADH - 20 mg. in a.m. 30-60 mins. before ANY food or beverage, (expensive)

2. DL-Phenylalanine - helps your body make Dopamine, Epinephrine,Tyrosine, nonepinephrine, soooo, relieves pain, and give energy and alertness. An Amino Acid (Combination of D and L forms) available in any health food store, under $10.

3. ProBoost - Thymic extract, boost immune system, and provide amino acids. Used it for one month last year and it DID make a difference. Just ordered some today from ProHealth Store here. Is usually $36-$50 a box, but ProHealth has a sale on until Nov. 18 for 2 boxes for $50.

I do a LOT of other stuff, to help create energy, but they are probably the ones you may notice an improvement with.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/16/2006]
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

ginseng
    CoQ10
    B12 injections
    glutathione

and most especially physiologic doses of cortisol (see Dr. Teitlebaum's book abaout this).

His book also lists other things I think?

Can't remember anything else right now...

all the best,
    Victoria