Things That Help/But Still Need Advice/Klonopin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Spoonerpaws, Dec 17, 2002.

1. Spoonerpaws

Spoonerpaws New Member

I have noticed that since I started taking the following, I am not as stiff and sore in the morning (usually) and don't wake up feeling like I've been hit by a truck....I am still tired, though

I take:
    Allegra
    Stress B Vitamins (which include B1, B2, B6, B12 and Paba
    Super Omega Factor (fish oils)

At night: .25 Klonopin and Calcium/Magnesium/Zinc Tablet

I have also heard that anything that rapidly increases your blood sugar level (high glycemic carbos) will make your body have an inflammatory response) - so I try to avoid these items as much as I can (sugar, breads, pasta)

HOWEVER, I am still exhausted and extremely fatigued!
    IS THERE ANYTHING THAT YOU HAVE FOUND THAT HAS EASED THE FATIGUE?

I am sleeping much better now, so you would think that I would feel better!

Any help would be appreciated

Has anyone felt that Klonopin has made there fatigue worse
    (even if it is taken at night)?
  2. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Spooner---I take klonopin, and do not notice that it makes the fatigue worse.

I took ADR Formula, I don't know if they sell it here.
    It gave me loads of energy. Unfortunately I had to discontinue it, as I am hypertensive, and it made my BP shoot even higher. If you don't have blood pressure probs. you might want to look into it.

It is made by Pure Encapsulations, Inc.

Contains:
    panax ginseng extract (root)
    siberian ginseng extract (root)
    licorice (root)
    vit. C
    calcium panthothenate (B5)
    whole adrenal (bovine)
    adrenal cortex (bovine)

Karen
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Dr. Cheney recommends 1 mg of Klonopin at night for sleep, but you start out slowly. I am able to sleep very well with .75 mgs. I quarter the tablets for use during the day. When I get overwhelmed with sensory overload, I slip one of the quartered tablets under my tongue and get almost immediate relief.

Talk to your doc about the Klonopin dose. It may need to be increased for you to get the quality of sleep you need. Also, it does take time for this to work. Most of us got tired over a very long time and even when we start to sleep better, we have a lot of time to make up for.

Love, Mikie