Things that help with brain fog?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CinCA, Feb 21, 2006.

1. CinCA

CinCA New Member

Anyone? Thanks.
  2. lucita2k

lucita2k New Member

I take magnesium and malic acid. My fog has gotten better, but the most improvement I've seen is in my pain. It is more of a strong ache now and completely bearable. My fatigue has also decreased.
  3. CinCA

CinCA New Member

I hadn't seen the previous cal/mag/zinc threads, so thanks for reposting. I just talked with my doctor about such a supplement, and I should be getting it in the mail this week (I now live a couple hours away, so they can mail me stuff). Hope it will help, and thanks again for the hints!

C.
  4. nursey

nursey New Member

How much should I take of each? I'm feeling desperate.

-Joy
  5. spiritsky

spiritsky Member

This is a precursor to Glutathione and is very good at scavenging the toxic byproducts created from the Candida in your blood. These toxins also contribute to brain fog and body pain and are very acidic which is just not helpful in maintaining the proper PH balance in your blood. I take 500mg daily as a maintenance dose but you can go higher (1500mg) if you need to. If you go higher, take it in divided doses.
  6. kbak

kbak Member

I think " the shake" works good for brain fog. Just type in "the shake" into message search engine to find formula.

K.
  7. Noelle10

Noelle10 New Member

------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote:

I found great relief from my fibro fog within days of starting my magnesium/calcium/zinc supplement.

A few days later I found myself feeling worse and learned I had to eliminate my calcium supplements because I was now getting enough with the balanced mag/cal/zinc supp.

Not only was this single supplement helpful with my brain fog, but I virtually have no more muscle pain anymore either.

Nancy B.

----------------------------------------------------------
    Nancy, (or anyone)

This clued me into something potentially an answer for me. I have had an increase in fibrofog and fatigue this winter, when I had been improving considerably before. BUT - a change in my routine that I clued into as I read your post ....... since last fall, I am on a university research project that uses Calcium with Vit D as one of the treatments being studied. The project is a study for prevention of osteoporosis, using 2 different types of exercise and a soy isolate. They have everyone on same Calcium Carbonate c Vit D 500 mgs. I had to quit taking my other Calcium and Magnesium with Vit D3 (prescribed by my doctor). I had been taking it for several years and along with other treatments and stress relief I have improved a lot.

But this winter it puzzled me that the weather has been exceptionally warm for us here, yet I have had so much fatigue and fibro-fog!

I am going to try going back on the Calcium I was taking before, for a month and see what happens.

If you have any hints for me, as to dosages, and combinations that are recommended, please can you pass them on to me?

Thanks!
    Noella
  8. nonnie1967

nonnie1967 New Member

and I haven't tried it, but I just read some research that says Ritalin (and all of its various forms) have also been shown to work on fibro fog. Wild, huh?

9. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

And when do you take it?

If I don't have a good balance of minerals in my multi, then I take a seperate multimineral supplement. I do feel better w/ lots of extra minerals, esp. zinc, I have to megadose that one or I bruise.

Jeanne
  10. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

The reason I keep repeating my success with this simple supplement is because it HELPED me so much!!!

I'm always happy when it triggers someone else to try it.

Although I do take a daily multi-vitamin...I buy a cheap military brand of Calcium/Magnesium/Zinc with 999mg Calcium, 399mg Magnesium and 15mg Zinc.

I take one with my morning pills and I take another after my nap in the afternoon.

Basically here's what happened...since I live in Germany, I do almost all of my shopping online. When I finally heard enough about a magnesium supplement here on the board, I started my supplement and ordered the book, "The Miracle of Magnesium" online so I had to wait for it.

So I had my amazing results within 3 days, the brain fog lifted, my spirits lifted and I began to feel good again. Then right back down the tubes!!!!

The book arrived and I learned that we need the balanced Mag/Cal supplement for them to work together in the body. So I dropped one of the Calcium supps for a few days, no better....so I dropped the other one and wow....right back up again!!!

I used to live wrapped in TheraCare pads all over my body last year before starting this supplement and never need them for muscle pain anymore.

I did have to up my daily Immodium since the mag/cal/zinc supplement does work on our bowels too but it's worth it to me to get rid of most of the brain fog.

And if I can be a bit gross for a minute....since it helped me so much I had my husband start taking it too. He was never "regular" and geez, the gas could kill ya. But it helped him be a "regular morning guy" and it eliminated 99% of the toxic smell too!!! Big Bonus...

Also Nonnie, although they are beginning to give Ritalin for energy, it won't help if you're ADHD like I am. My doc recently tried to give me a "speed" pill to help with energy and I tried it one day and it was the worst day of my life. All it did was take an ADHD, give me speed but NOT help with the ADHD symptoms at all.

And for you all, I'll continue to sound like a broken record if it helps just one person try this simple and easy supplement that we ALL need to take!

Hugs...and they won't hurt!!!!

Nancy B.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/22/2006]