things to cure us

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GBHope, Dec 12, 2005.

1. GBHope

GBHope New Member

Have any of you had any experiences with chiropractors or alternative medicine docs that want you to do all kinds of crazy things and take a bunch of stuff that doesn't really help sometimes, costs a lot of money, and sometimes makes us worse? Have any of you had success with anything? There is just so much flying around out there, you don't know what to believe.

GBHope
  2. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I get it for $15 a session at the acupuncture college in my town. Helps with my energy and makes me calmer.
  3. GBHope

GBHope New Member

Yes, I received my benefits during the 9-month trial work period and didn't have any trouble getting reinstated. Just called and told him I was unable to continue working and he reinstated my benefits. Unfortunately right now I am going through a review.

GBHope
  4. GBHope

GBHope New Member

Is it working in terms of you can function to some extent or curing? I too had found what worked for me too with Standard Process Vitamins, but with the recent hysterectomy and problems with the thyroid from that upset, things are a little off-kilter right now.

GBHope
  5. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

Stormy,

I hate the taste of it in a tea, but have gagged it down in laxative formulations and it works. I've been thinking of grabbing some at the bulk herb store to hopefully regulate me and soften the stools. I was thinking of encapsulating it so I don't have to taste, maybe mix it w/ astragalus I already have.

Jeanne
  6. BARBRA

BARBRA New Member

I have no cure,but I can say that massage therapy and stretching exercises have helped me tremendously. I have to have massage therapy twice a week, in order for it to help me and the therapist must know about deep tissue massage. Hope this helps someone. Barb.
  7. pirtpain

pirtpain New Member

When I was still searching to find an answer to what my illness was, I went to this Dr. that prescribed all natural
    pills. Vitamins etc. I spent about $150.00 a month for nothing. It never helped. She also swore that there was nothing wrong with me other than needing to jumpstart my immune system. Then there were massage therapists that swore that all you needed was a rub down and perhaps aome meditation. I take antidepressants, a muscle relaxer, Zanaflex, Elavil to help me sleep and oxicodone for the pain. I do okay with that.

PIRT
  8. pirtpain

pirtpain New Member

When I was still searching to find an answer to what my illness was, I went to this Dr. that prescribed all natural
    pills. Vitamins etc. I spent about $150.00 a month for nothing. It never helped. She also swore that there was nothing wrong with me other than needing to jumpstart my immune system. Then there were massage therapists that swore that all you needed was a rub down and perhaps aome meditation. I take antidepressants, a muscle relaxer, Zanaflex, Elavil to help me sleep and oxicodone for the pain. I do okay with that.

PIRT