Things were good for a while

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by amurtagh, Mar 16, 2006.

1. amurtagh

amurtagh New Member

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and vulvadynia in 2001. I had symptoms for years prior, but they got severe just before I was diagnosed. I was in really bad shape, physically and mentally. I got on meds and changed my lifestyle and after about a year of being in pain, my problems started to subside and I was able to enjoy life again. I would have minor flares, but nothing too extreme.
    About 8 weeks ago my symptoms started hitting me really hard. They've progressively gotten worse. I haven't had a day of relief since the second week of January. I think I need to go back on meds, but of course this happens when I haven't had health insurance for three months! (my insurance resumes in a couple weeks). I guess I'm just posting because I'm feeling alone and need to vent. I get so angry sometimes. The pain rules my life. I work fulltime and I'm a fulltime student. It's so hard to work everyday and go to class at night and be in this amount of pain. I can feel myself slipping back into depression. I have pain all over of course, but it's worse on my right side. I get sharp tearing pains all over my body, pain in my joints upon movement and exertion, headaches, pins and needles, tender muscles, sensitive skin all over, and very uncomfortable vulvadynia. I just try to keep up the hope that this extreme level of pain won't last the full year like it did before.
  2. kaiasmom

kaiasmom New Member

I can so relate. It is so hard working full time, trying to lead a "normal" life when the pain rules your body 24 hours a day. The best advice I can give is to try to take some time to take care of yourself.

Take a long epsom salt soak in the tub, followed by some stretches. Maybe light some candles & play some relaxing music. Deep breathing also helps me get my pain to a managable level when it's really bad.

Well, I hope you start to feel better soon. I also hope you can get in to see a doctor soon, so you can get some relief.

Take care,

Leanne
  3. kch64

kch64 New Member

I'm very sorry to hear about your suffering. I hope and pray that it goes away again.

I don't know how you manage to keep going like you said.

You're a tough person, that's for sure.

Hugs and prayers.
    Kendra
  4. amurtagh

amurtagh New Member

yes, an epson bath would be nice. I forgot about epson salt.

Thanks for your response. It helps knowing there are people that listen and care.

A