Things you would like to hear...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Thistledown, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Thistledown

Thistledown New Member

After reading the horrific one-liners you have all gotten from family, friends, etc. I thought I would start a topic of what you would like to hear.

"What can I do to help?"

"Let me take care of all the chores, you just rest"

"The family got together and decided to purchase you a year of cleaning services from ______ so you can stop pushing yourself through the pain"

"If you feel up to it I would like to draw a warm bath, cook you dinner and massage whatever you want however you want"

"We found a radical new treatment that not only improves your condition but has no known side effects...and you don't have to go off your disability or go back to work until you are sure it has worked!"

OR, my favorite...

"We have figured out what causes this DD and we can have you on your way to recovery in less than a month" (and it really works)

For those of you still suffering, I hope someone in your life has the right response, or that somehow your prayers and hopes are answered. Even though I have recovered, I hope I NEVER again have to endure what I went through, and from what I can tell I had mild symptoms compared to many of you.
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR:

"Comon, wake up. You've been having a horrible dream. You're not sick. You're young and healthy w/ a wonderful life ahead of you."