Think I'm getting that infamous flu bug!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PepperGirl52, Dec 30, 2005.

1. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

My daughter and sister have both recently had pneumonia. I had a party here 2 weeks ago Saturday to celebrate the other sister's 50th Anniversary.

Well, there was a whole lot of coughing and sneezing going on, and I had JUST gotten my flu shot.....

SO....all last night, I was tossing and turning and the aches were UNREAL! Worse than the usual 'fibro' aches. Now, I feel like something is sitting on my chest.

Hope if it IS going to be the "BUG", it will be a fast one! Don't we all??? Anyway, I'll let you know what it's like. I literally have not even had a sore throat for over a year, since I developed the fibro. Guess my 'time' is up, huh?? Take care! PG
  2. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

My boss has been sick all week and we have been following him around with Lysol! Spraying the hard surfaces is great, but I have to handle files after he does and I can't spray those.

Between that and standing in my office door and coughing, he is making me crazy. I tried to get him to stay home by telling him that if I get sick I will be out for 4 or 5 days. Scared him, but not enough to keep him out of here.

Now I have a drippy nose and I'm freezing! If I get sick I'm going to his house and make him take care of me!

Hope you fell better quickly!

Hugzz,
    Greenbean
  3. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Your flu shot won't do you any good if you had JUST gotten it. Can you get that tamiflu(sp) in your area? Otherwise, just get plenty of rest and hot fluids.
  4. PVLady

PVLady New Member

If you feel you are coming down with a cold or flu get Zicam gel for colds and start using it every couple of hours as long as you are ill. Zicam keeps the cold virus from replicating in your nose, it really does work.

I keep it in my purse and use it especially if there is anyone around coughing.

If you read about Zicam on the internet, they say all cold viruses start in your nose.

5. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

I have been using the Zicam. My lungs are on fire, and my body is aching, even more than usual!! My regular meds, AND the break through meds are not even cutting the pain!! So, I'm adding some ibuprofen to the mix.

God help my kidneys, liver, etc. But you gotta do, what you gotta do! I'm doing lots of hot tea (decaf), soups, etc. I live way out of town, so I don't know if I'll be able to get my hubby to get in and get me the other things.

I had the flu shot about 2 weeks ago. So, anyway. Whatever. I think it would have been more than a miracle NOT to have gotten this. Maybe, with the flu shot in my system, it won't be as bad or last as long??? Wishful thinking, anyway!!! Take care, all you. And stay healthy in 2006!!!

PS I am OBSESSED with washing my hands. I even cover my hands when I use a shopping cart, open a door, etc. So, I am really a freak when it comes to all those ways of preventing these bugs. This one is really bad and ugly and very persistant!! PG
  6. caroleye

caroleye New Member

What kills me is that I'm a "hermit", and only went into the Dr.'s office for an RX for something else. Stupidly didn't put on a MASK, which I usually do. Two days later, got hit with it.

On my 14th day.........first week the achies were unbearable, and resorted to extra strength tylenol suppositories that I know are so bad for our livers.

Chills/fever/weakness beyond belief.......on my 14th day, and went out lx for a walk & had a relapse.

Depending on our already symptoms, how much we rest, etc., sounds like it's a two-week one; then another two-week to build your strength back.

I'm going stir-crazy!!

Hoping this virus never visits us again!!

LIGHT************carole
  7. kch64

kch64 New Member

I've been sick for the better part of the last two months with a cold and then stomach viruses.

I'm finally starting to feel better. I hope you don't get sick.

I'm sending good vibes your way)))))))))

Kendra