think it is goodbye....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sami, Nov 13, 2005.

1. sami

sami New Member

i have been a member for several years here..i just recently started to write again...and i feel totally left out..i rarely get responses to my posts, and i respond to many things with never a comment..i am not a paranoid person, but sure do feel like a fish out of water....so , i'll be gone again .........i can not figure this out at all????????????
  2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Do not take anything personally. The board seems to a little 'off' right now. If you've been here several years, I think you know what I mean.

Many times I am lucky to get one response. It's either because the board is moving too fast, or someone doesn't feel they know enough to reply.

I usually don't ask people not to go, but you are one of the members who has answered my posts, and others. You are an asset to the board.

So please re-think leaving again! It is nothing personal, and sometimes I have to remind myself of that!

Hang in here with the rest of us, pretty please??!!

Hugs,

Kim
  3. jaltair

jaltair New Member

You have been responded to and recognized! Put "sami" in the search under title and you'll see.

Don't feel bad if your post doesn't get much response. I've also posted with little response. There are so many posters!

I have a really sllloooowwww Internet service (landline) and have a hard time getting things in and keeping up with everyone else. In addition, I can't use the "chat" with my snail line. I think some people get on chat and get to know each other better that way.

I've found everyone most responsive to things and have really appreciated the support I've received.

I hope that you won't leave for good. Sometimes I drop out of sight for a while but always come back. This is the only place that I've found that is really viable for support. Take care, and God bless you!

Hope to see you back soon, Jeannette
  4. orachel

orachel New Member

I've only been a member for a few months...but I can tell you that the board has been a little "off" for the last few days....

And also, it does seem to be getting faster and faster. I think our membership is growing. When I need a response to a post and am not getting any, I just bump my own posts! Many of us do....if its not important and you really don't care, let it go...but if its something you really need info for, or are really needing support, just bump it up!

I had a crisis about a month ago that ended in me going to the ER....I needed help, and wasn't getting it. I finally posted SOS!!!. Not only did I get responses I needed, but the wonderful people here actually FIGURED OUT what was wrong with me, when 2 docs and an ER attending doc didn't have a clue!

We are truly a FMily here...and I really wish you'd try to hang in here with us! When you really need a helping hand, you can always shout out to specific people....otherwise, I'd just post "I really need support" or something like that....

Of course we all respect your decision. But if you do feel like you need a hiatus, please do come back as soon as you can. Maybe it'll feel like a better fit for you after a short break.

God Bless,
    Rachel
  5. JLH

JLH New Member

You have only been back for 7 days, so please don't drop out of sight again after such a short time.

This complaint is posted all the time, but I vary rarely see a post that is listed with "0" replies, unless maybe it is directly to only one certain person, so others aren't replying to it.

As everyone else has already said, things get crazy around here and the board moves really fast. Sometimes you have to bump your own post to get it back to page 1 so people can see it.
  6. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Sorry you did not get replies. I come and go here all the time. I gues I was lucky lately, but when my posts don't get a response, I bump it. You know sometimes the board will move fast and if your post goes to the second page it is likely to be missed.

Hope you stay....
  7. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

I've done my very best to respond to your posts sami, although my hands really hurt.
  8. libra55

libra55 New Member

Give it another chance, I know what you mean. I was in hospital 5 days in September, when I came back this was a totally different board. Certain people had left and there was a whole new complexion to this board, I thought maybe I would leave too but I didn't and I am glad I stayed on.

I think we are going through some growing pains right now, plus the board moves so very fast sometimes the posts roll right over to the second page before any body sees them.

If I see any posts from you I will try to bump them up.

Warmly,
    Michelle
  9. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I reply to many posts and then when I post myself I'm lucky if 1 or two people respond. I wonder if I'm not liked, than I realise that no-one knows me anyway so how can that be. I understand the paranoia you're talking about.

Please dont leave, that's all I seem to be seeing in the past few days, people who are leaving.

I will respond to your posts sami and you can respond to mine.

love
    Rosie
  10. poodlemommy

poodlemommy New Member

hi Sami: I read your profile and it looks like you get a response. I only average that many myself. I enjoy reading what other people post more than getting a response. I learn alot. As someoen else said too that when you really need this board the people are there for you. ITs a bad time of year too. Most of us are flaring and that makes responding difficult. I would give it a bit more time and if you look at others profiles I think you will see your responses are pretty normal.
    hugs poodlemum
  11. petsrme

petsrme Member

I totally agree with poodle. I honestly could never get another reply here and I would still keep coming and reading because it is so helpful and informative. I get so much out of it even just reading. I hope you will stay. I don't get a lot of replies either. I really think it has a lot to do with subject matter. If the subject you post doesn't hit home with people they don't reply. If I read a post and can't help I don't reply. I just figure when I don't get a lot of responses it is because no one thinks they can help.

Please stay. You are very welcome here and I think you can keep gaining knowledge too!
  12. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

it happens to me alot. But I still lurk reading posts and replying if I have an answer. But I understand how you feel.Many have formed close friendships and it is hard to become part of that. But I have learned alot from the questions others have asked and the responses they get. So I am getting something out of it. Stick around with the rest of us.
  13. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

It happens to everyone. I don't think anyone would intentionally not answer you. I try to respond to anyone that says they are new. But, there are a lot of subjects that I just would not know how to answer, and there are days I'm not around to even get on the computer at all.

Like everyone says, it moves so fast that sometimes we get overlooked!

Please reconsider leaving.

Kinsie
  14. sues1

sues1 New Member

I also bump a post now and then that I posted, so I get some sort of a reply.

I have found that you rarely get an answer if it is within a answer to another's posting. So it must be your own new posting to get an answer, many times that is the reason anyhow. Bump when You must then.

I also go further than the first page to read postings now days. I can hardly believe how fast the postings gets buried now days. WE ARE MANY HERE.

Sometimes I read a posting and I really have nothing to say on it. I try to on ones that I see a "0" responses, but sometimes I have nothing to say.

I myself has been passing on to my fibro friends this site, we are really growing!

Do you check the little box below our original posting, when we make it, to be notified if we get an answer? That helps. Also run your name everytime you come a board to see what responses might be there for you. Sometimes I respond much later than the original posting as I spend the time going through several pages and never noticed it before, or was not checking the board for a few days.

WE NEED YOU.......we need each other. Please stay.
  15. ajp

ajp New Member

Hi,
    I am fairly new here and do not post a lot, I read a lot and when it applies I try to post, to add what I think or what can maybe help someone. I will say that this is a great board, but it does move fast....but that is a good thing. I belong to another and we are trying so hard to get the fibro board up and moving. So there is a lot of knowledge and support here....please stay.
    Mindy
  16. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

I don't get on the board as often as i would like. My typing hand goes to sleep and gets sooo cold and my "mouse" finger hurts. All of of have problems like that so don't leave. I would love to be on here every day but it just doesn't work that way.

There are names that I have begun to recognize now. I don't always reply to them ---only if their post pertains to something that i am feeling.

Everyone has gone thru the "left out" feeling. the others are right when they say to bump your own post, maybe 2 times if necessary.

When I really need help, i ask with a "help"in my title. we all love one another, but most of us are short on time and mostly energy!! I am so tired today and my hands are so cold.

Don't leave us. We need one another.

gentle Hugs
  17. abbylee

abbylee New Member

I've only been a member here for 2 or so years (I think), but a lot of the "regulars" who were here when I joined have not posted as much or at all lately.

Everyone seems worse this fall, so it may be that we just feel so bad that we're not posting as much. I'm not, but only because I've felt so bad.

Also, as you know the title is what gets attention. I've sometimes changed my title if I don't get a response with the one that's not being answered - if that makes sense.

Hang around a little longer. I'm sure things will pick up once the weather is cold and we're inside more. Maybe some of the old folks will come back, too.

abbylee