Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kjade, Feb 24, 2008.

1. kjade

kjade New Member

For those of us that are sick and tired of winter and COLD yucky weather, I found this cute picture of my daughter I thought you all would enjoy.

It was taken last March, at the first sign of spring. It is what I just cannot WAIT to see! Pretty soon....the snow will be melting, the flowers blooming, and the bird singing. It won't be long now!

Hope you enjoy the picture in my profile (I did).
  2. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I just love the photo of your daughter. The pure innocence of a child gazing at a flower. It's just beautiful!

I was just thinking this morning of hoping to feel better when the weather warms up. I live in So. Cal. so we do have great weather. But lately it has been gray and rainy, lots of rain in Feb. I just don't do well in this kind of weather. I love sunny days.

So, I am also hopeful for spring time, I can't wait!
    Thanks for sharing this adorable picture! Kim :)
  3. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

I love the sheer innocence of this photo. What an adorable child she is!! Take lots of photos, she'll grow so very fast.

P.S. Go back to your post re my photo. I have a response for you!
  4. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

This almost looks like a postcard for a calendar or something. What a great picture. So innocent, just checking out what is on the ground.

Thanks you so much for sharing. I love how everyone is doing pictures now.

I wrote is a post a long time ago, that everyone should put their pictures up so we can see each other. I am so glad we are all doing that. I have my dog up now, after putting both girls up. Tomorrow I am going to put my husband and me up.
  5. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

TOOOOO Cute!!

I looked at my calendar at work and read that Daylight Savings Time is March 9th!!!!!!!!!!

I remember when it was at the end of April, then they recently moved it to the first Sat.(Sun)in April, now it's early March.
    I happen to love daylight savings time. To me that means Spring!!! It made my day.
  6. kjade

kjade New Member

Thanks guys for checking my spring photo. I have been working very hard on my family video (which should have been done by Jan 1, but I had computer problems) and I came across this picture with daffodils and started yearning for spring. Glad you all like it.

Kim: Thanks....You must have nice weather most of the time where you are. I actually enjoy rain (I'm strange I know) but only when it is warm. The cold and dampness here is what I hate. Here's to more sunny days for you! You are such a sweetheart!

Laura: I am the picture queen! My kids already instinctively know when to put on a smile because my camera is ALWAYS getting pulled out. Their smiles tend to look so fake sometimes because of that....that is why I like taking their pics when they are not looking - so much more natural! Oh, and thanks for your advice on the other thread....I know I need to lighten up a bit, and your advice is really helpful. I always take everything you guys tell me here very seriously. Thank you!

Terch: You are so sweet...thank you! Yes, I love making my videos - they are not just a hobby of mine, they are my passion. I put my entire heart & soul into them when I make them. They are very important to me and everyone who I make them for. I made one for my Grandfather for his 70th B-day. My grandma had a lot of pics from the time he was a baby to now. Since he likes Frank Sinatra and music from that era, I used a lot of those songs, and I told HIS story. From when he was a baby to being a grown man, a husband, father, brother, grandfather, friend...a true hero....To this day, he still tells me (& grandma tells me) that he pulls out that video and watches it from time to time and cries. THAT is what I do this for. And thank you for your kind words about my great-grandmother. I have always wondered if I made her proud. She was very tough on the outside, and never let me know what she thought. I wonder what she thinks up there looking down at me. I dream of her often, and hope she is ok. I am lucky enough to still have 3 living grandparents - they are in their 70's & 80's - I cherish any time I ever have with them.

Linda: That must be a beautiful view to have in your back yard!! The picture looks like something you would have hanging on your wall - it is breathtaking. I don't know how you handle 100 degrees though...I have heard it's "dry heat" there, which isn't as bad as the hot humid summers we have here, but I still wonder if I could handle it. I hate the snow here, but I love the spring and fall. Give me 60-70 degrees and I am happy.

Fibromickster: Thanks for your kind words - photography is a hobby of mine, a passion. I saw the picture of your dog...I have a yellow lab too - he is still a puppy (a BIG puppy - he is 11 mos old) but a very good, loving dog. I have the cutest pic of him and dh when he was small at the beach...if I find it I will post it. Thanks for sharing your pictures's nice to get to know each other with our words and our photos.

Janalynn: I didn't realize daylight savings started that early??!! It will be a nice change though - I am tired of never seeing daylight since it is still dark when I get to work and dark when I get home. Soooo depressing. And Easter is so early this year too! I just can't wait for that new spring smell - to leave for work in the morning and hear the birds singing and see the flowers start to bloom...spring is such a beautiful time of year. Time for new growth. It is such a happy time for me.

7. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

I would love to see your picture of your Yellow Lab. They are the best dogs, especially if you have kids. They wouldn't know how to hurt a flea.