Thinking about selling nursing uniforms from home.Can it be done?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by keke466, Sep 6, 2006.

1. keke466

keke466 New Member

I've always wanted to have a nursing business of some kind just never could get it together. I don't really lknow why,guess cause I worked in nursing for 18yrs and I'm one that enjoyed wearing the uniforms. It's been on my mind since I got fired in June. I know I can't afford to open one in town and pay rent. Besides the town doesn't always support all businesses. I'm not sure if it's even possible to sell from home. I was thinking I'd set them up in one of my empty bedrooms and just carry what they want in small quantities. Maybe a few pairs of shoes and some accessories.

Maybe have short regular hours and say they can call anytime. I don't know,just thinking. I know I can buy on sale items and mark them up. Make any sense. I'd probably have to have permission from the city and have to collect taxes and probably wouldn't be allowed to sell out of a non business area. Just trying to make some xtra money. Still on umempl and not sure what I'm gonna do yet after that. Still trying to set up on ebay to sell. Should I just forget the home and sell on ebay. Might be easier?

Just looking for opinions. Thanks, Keke
  2. TerryS

TerryS Member

I've sold a few things on Ebay. It's not that difficult. You'll need a digital camera to put pics on the site.

I think there's a buyer for just about anything you want to sell!

Plus, I think you can advertise on Craig's list for free. My daughter sold several things that way to local people. It was amazing how quickly she got responses and sold her stuff (within hours, I mean!!!).

Anyhow, Ebay wouldn't cost you a thing really to try...sounds like a great idea!!!

Let us know what you decide to do.

Good luck!!!

TERRY
  3. kirbycat

kirbycat New Member

Hi, keke,
    I am an RN for 30 years. There was a woman who made great scrubs out of her house and would bring some of them out to the hospital where I worked. She would ask permission to be in the break room. When we got a chance, we would go in and see what she brought. We could choose a fabric and color we liked and get them made in our size. Some times she already had them in her car. She priced these comparable to the uniform shops. We scooped them up like hot cakes. Mainly because the uniform shops had the same thing over and over. Everybody had the same ones. She used very pretty colors and good prints. I for one, did not like the cutesy cartoon prints. I wanted something more tailored with rich colors. She made it just like I wanted. Another thing she did, in the summer, she used a great light seersucker fabric. With the small check and light fabric they were so pretty. She made lots of money on us.

I really don't think she did all the business license and all. It was sort of like making stuff for friends.
    You could make up a few and test it without loosing YOUR shirt!!

Hopes this helps,

Cathy
  4. keke466

keke466 New Member

Just thought I'd move it up. Think I was kinda misunderstood. Not wanting to make them myself. Can't sew.LOL..

Keke