Thinking about the viral stuff last night.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gypsy101, Oct 26, 2006.

1. gypsy101

gypsy101 New Member

Does anyone know how long fifths disease can last? I guess I had parvoviurs because I'm an adult and my kids had the fifths disease part. So, if that has been my problem all along, can that be right? It's been over a year since I had the joint pain that went with the fifths. I had it again recently. I thought I had Ra. But it's almost gone now. Well, mostly all gone, just hurts once in a while. I'm wondering if anyone here knows about fifths disease and can it last this long and be cured? Thanks. If this is all I had all this time, well, I'm thankful, but I'm mad at the docs for not realizing it. I told one that I had fifths and never felt right.
  2. spacee

spacee Member

A friend of my kids had it. First time I had ever heard of it.
    It was kinda like the measles or something like that. He was sick about a week and then well.

But, with us you never know. We hear frequently about someone having a viral onset. Fifths is a virus and could have possibly be involved.

Have you tried Olive Leaf Extract. They sell it at this site. One of the big name docs uses it with Transfer Factors. It fights bacteria, fungi and viruses. That doc also uses green tea extract and Alpha lipoic acid. All of those are sold here.

That is IF you care to try them. I drink alot of green tea with mango and I am going to get the OLE with my next order from Prohealth.

Hoping something will help you!

Spacee
  3. matthewson

matthewson New Member

I had it years ago, when my kids got it. I had joint pain for quite a few months afterwards. I would say at least 4-5 months afterward. It was surprising that the joint pain was quite severe. My kids didn't have any problems after they got over the initial infection.

I never got that joint pain again until I developed FMS. I couldn't tell you if it was related to the fifth's disease or not. I had a lot of joint pain at first with the FMS, but that eventually went away, and only comes back once an awhile, mostly when the barometer drops substantially.

Hopefully, you will not continue to have joint pain.

Take care, Sally
  4. gypsy101

gypsy101 New Member

I don't know where to begin looking for a doc to help. Someone know what I should do next?
  5. matthewson

matthewson New Member

It's me again. If you have FMS, the joint pain you are having could be from that. I get joint pain from time to time. You said that your joints just hurt once in a while.

Have you been diagnosed with FMS?

Take care, Sally