Thinking of leaving the message boards- need prayer

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Posey, Sep 24, 2004.

1. Posey

Posey New Member

I don't know what to do. When I post on the boards I feel that my opinion is not very important and many times someone is arguing with my answer.

I come to the boards to feel close to people who understand and instead feel almost attacked sometimes. I quit posting for awhile thinking it was just me but recently when I posted it was the same thing.

I don't know if God wants me to just be finished with the boards or if I just need prayer to try to find answers.

I'm not looking for extra attention or sympathy. I just know what is happening and need prayers for answers.

Thank you
    Chris
  2. cinnabarsib

cinnabarsib New Member

Dearest Chris~I understand how you feel re: other message boards. I`m pretty new here(Aug.6) and I noticed some of my posts were not answered or questions received no answer.(board moves very fast sometimes) Some of us are very sick and can only answer a few posts~I can`t speak for anyone else, but you will never be ignored or slighted here with us! This worship board is a haven for me. And when people are suffering(the other boards)I`m sure they don`t mean to be rude~prayerfully. Open arms here dear!~~~with love and hope, Sib
    [This Message was Edited on 09/25/2004]
  3. MusicTeacher

MusicTeacher New Member

I hope you won't leave us but it's your choice if you want to do so.

I think our messages can get "lost" sometimes when the board gets busy and I find I can only read a few before the brain fogs up and I have to take a rest. If I answered all I had read I'd just not cope.

So, I am sad if you've felt ignored. As to being argued with, well I guess it's human nature for people to have different views. At one level it makes the world and interesting place - at another level it can feel threatening. Sometimes we don't write what we mean to say and then people get upset when we never intended them to. That's another disadvantage of a message board as opposed to face-to-face contact. So, take heart, I am quite sure nobody is setting out to upset you in any way, shape or form.

I pray that God will give you strength and peace sufficient to stay with us. You are special to him and you are special to us.

Hugs
    Music Teacher (UK)
  4. Posey

Posey New Member

Thank you for taking time to reply and for your concern and prayers.

I'm trying to work through this prayerfully and reasonably. I FULLY understand about having bad days, brainfog, and being irritable when I really don't mean to. This is just "different".

I have trouble reading because of concentration and so it's hard to do my Bible study. The other day I found a Christian radio station and the music gave me such peace that I never want to turn it off. Especially if I can be in the car listening by myself.

Life here has been in such turmoil lately that the ONLY time I feel safe is when I can be alone with God. Then when the "real" world creeps back in and I see and feel people being unkind or outright mean to each other, I just can't handle it. I don't understand it and it scares me.

I guess when I came to the boards, I expected total acceptance and understanding. After all, those of us with FM deal with the outside world being cruel about our illnesses and we need each others support. I just forget that there's a human being on the other end. I just wanted a place to go where I didn't get treated like I do from my own family and neighbors.

When you get questioned about everything you say or do and people just dismiss you like you're nothing, your self-esteem goes away and it's hard to believe you're worth anything to anybody. I've been feeling flawed and like I've done terribly wrong to deserve this pain, anxiety, heartache, and fear. I know God doesn't make junk but that's what I've been feeling like for a long time and I've been praying that whatever changes need to be made, He will make them because I can't!

Thank you for listening,
    Chris
  5. cinnabarsib

cinnabarsib New Member

You see those litle edit/deletes under our names when we post? Several times I have gone back and deleted my opinion or `idea` for worry that I would hurt someone or be taken the wong way. Now I yam who i yam! & that`s the sweet potato truth~we`re all on these boards for the same reasons,for help , to find strenth, and gain knowledge. I believe you have a lot to offer and can help on the FM board~and of course here there are open arms and hearts always! ~~~~~~~~wih love and hope, Sib
  6. Posey

Posey New Member

I appreciate the support and compassion. I've decided not to do anything rash right now but maybe just pull back a little and give it some time.

PVlady...Thank you for your reply. Your validation helps and the offer to one-on-one with you makes me feel better.

All of you have helped in your own ways and I know there are more compassionate and caring people here than not. I really need someplace to go to share my feelings and vent my frustrations and fears.

And the prayers are very much needed! I value every one and will keep all of you in mine.

Hugs,
    Chris
  7. cinnabarsib

cinnabarsib New Member

Well~Sarah pretty much took the words outa my mouth! Agree with her, we need our time away~we are always here for you in this room and you can vent and say what you need to with me anytime hon!~~~~with hope and love, Sib
  8. Williedb

Williedb New Member

Hi Chris
    Just wanted to you to know I am praying for you. Take care and God Bless.

Hugs
    Willa