Thinking of seeing Dr. Lapp...any input would be appreciated

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by natyrone, May 30, 2003.

1. natyrone

natyrone New Member

I am a 22 year old male and have had CFS for over 10 years now. After seeing numerous doctors that were not helpful at all, I gave up on doctors. I have been doing fairly well (at least I think so) over the past 3 years without any medications or seeing any doctors. The pain and fatigue and memory problems are sometimes unbearable and I just wish I was better. So...I'm thinking of trying a doctor again. From all of my research, I have been most impressed with Dr. Lapp. I REALLY want to see him. However, he is extremely expensive and my insurance will not cover it. So I would be paying for everything out of pocket. It would definitely be worth it to me if I got better, even if it costs $10,000 or more in the end. But I don't want to pay thousands of dollars and get little or no help. So if anyone is a patient of Dr. Lapp's or has been a patient of his, I would love to hear what you think.

Is he worth it??? Thanks.

--Nathan
  2. kgg

kgg New Member

just the symptoms of this disease. If I was to spend the bucks, I would see Cheney.

Have you tried the good doctor list on this site? I didn't find anyone that took my insurance, but people from this site led me to a physician. He practices functional medicine. He actually studied with Cheney a number of years ago. This man doesn't take my insurance either but he's local and atleast has a clue as to what is going on.

If you don't have success with the doctor referral site, ask under a new topic for a doc in your area. You may get some good leads. Also, is there a support group in your area? They can also be a good place to find helpful health professionals.

BTW, Welcome to the site. Hope you find this place as helpful and supportive as we all have. -Karen