Thinking of trying transfer factor

Discussion in 'Transfer Factor' started by Evadyl, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Evadyl

Evadyl New Member

Hi everyone,

I was just looking for some advice really. I have suffered from CFS for the past 7 years now. I have a range of symptoms my most severe being relentless fatigue & heart palpitations. I live in Dublin Ireland & doctors over here are very inexperienced in dealing with this DD. In fact I know of only 1 who I have been to see a couple of times now but he is so expensive that I am no longer able to afford the visits.

Anyway sorry for waffling. The reason I started writing was to ask about taking transfer factor. I feel that I almost definetly have a virus(prob a few) and was wondering if anyone could give me advice on a good transfer factor to target these. I would really like to regain some sort of normality & would really like to give them a try.

Is there anyone else who suffered from palpitations before taking the transfer factor and have they eased any. My are much less frequent than they were but are still unpleasant when they ocurr. Of course I have had the usual battery of tests & told that there was nothing wrong with me to be causing them.

Anyway thanks for taking the time to read this as it turned out to be more long winded than I had first intended.

Hope everyone is having as good a day as possible today

Take care

Love Evadyl x
  2. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

Yes, I get those too. A nurse friend up the street just got over Epstein Barr virus. She tells me that these chronic viruses live on the epithial (skin) linings of the internal organs. If they have manifested on your heart, this could be the cause of the palpitations, but it could be an "angina" spasm called "prinzmetal's angina".

Allergic reactions to foods can also cause palpitations, take note of what you eat and see if you get them or a rapid pulse 15 minutes afterwards.

If you don't know what virus that you have, then you can't "target" a virus. They are expensive, so its best to get tested first.

I have both epstein-barr & cytomegalo virus...and I gave them to my wonderful wife unfortunatly. I had cyclical depression, low body temp ~95.3°F, fatigue, ear ringing, bad immune system (I caught everything that came around and stayed sick a long time), weird heart feelings (cardiologist couldn't find anything wrong).

I switched to a D.O. and she tested me for the viruses. I was elated to know what was wrong. My M.D. said there was nothing wrong, I was just depressed. Every anti-depressant I tried didn't work.
  3. spacee

spacee Member

A friend of mine and I have had CFS for 20 years. We both started exactly the same in one way (there were other symptoms too). Our hearts. The palpitations, the heart racing. It took two years but the doc finally put me on a calcium based channel blocker to control the heart beat. My friends doc had her on one right away.

I certainly don't know if that would help YOU but it is something you might like to discuss with your doc. I know some docs don't like to put young people on heart meds unless absolutely necessary.

Hugs,

Spacee
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I had a complete cardiac workup just in case. I have a very strong family history of heart disease.

As I have gotten better, I no longer suffer from the palpitations. My cardio doc and I think the slight seizure activity, many of us with CFIDS suffer, causes the symptoms Dr. Cheney has described: Anxiety/panic attacks, insomnia, tinnitus, sensory overload, muscle spasms, etc. We came to the conclusion that the anxiety was sufficient to cause the palpitations.

I take Klonopin for this slight seizure state and the longer I take it, the better it works. I no longer have to take small doses during the day, only at night so I can get restful sleep. Perhaps the lack of anxiety is responsible for the lack of the palpitations.

In any case, I think this is reason to see a cardio doc or, at least, bring it up with one's PCP.

Love, Mikie