Thinking the MonaVie Juice Might Have Caused Pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deserella, Oct 20, 2008.

1. deserella

deserella Member

My friend has fibromyalgia and she started drinking MonaVie a few months ago and says she has done a complete 180. She gave me a bottle to try. Before trying it I had gone for 3 whole days without taking pain medication. A few days after drinking the juice I had terrible pain, the worse it's been with in the last 4 months. I hadn't done anything overly strenuous and my diet was normal, etc. The only change I could think of was the juice.

I had a terrible experience with Xango a few years ago. It made me so achy. I also tried a mushroom supplement that caused me to be achy. Has anyone had this experience with MonaVie? I have been diagnosed with both fibromyalgia and CFS, but I primarliy started out with CFS and my doctor puts me in the CFS category.

My aunt who has CFS coincidently tried MonaVie last week too. We had no idea that we were both drinking it! She stopped drinking it too because she woke up in the morning abnormally achy. Weird!!??

I stop drinking the juice and maybe I'll experiment and try it again in a few weeks.
  2. NewSky

NewSky New Member

Good point. Because I've been drinking (on and off) a health tonic/juice over the last few months. It doesn't seem to agree with my system. I really wonder if it's the alcohol base. Even though it has no more than 1% alcohol. Plus some preservatives.

With CFS/Fibro I can't drink alcohol. Maybe even the slightest amount of alcohol upsets the systems of CFS/Fibro sufferers. It's food for thought. I'm looking forward to what other people have to say, about this.

Very interesting. NewSky