thinning and loss of hair

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MicheleK, Jul 28, 2012.

1. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

I was losing so much hair the past year, it was downright scary. And my hair which had always been not fine, suddenly became super fine. I even got scared enough I got some of that hair regrowth serum. What a mess. You have to put that stuff on your scalp twice a day. It ruins any hairstyle you have and it leaves your hair dull and sticky at the roots.

So I got some hair, skin and nail supplement that had lots of biotin and silicon in it. You should see my hair and nails! After two months it looks like it use to and my nails are gorgeous. (not that anyone sees me or them. lol)

If you have thinning hair or nails, I highly recommend a hair skin, and nails supplement. High in biotin. Amazing!
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Andrew Lessman vitamins which were supposed to help skin, hair and nails. I should have returned them because they give me a headache in the afternoon when I take them. Now that my injections have helped me, I may try them again. I'm happy for your success. I've been losing a bit of hair in the shower but it's a "normal" amt. I used to never lose much, though. I've always had fine hair but have been lucky that it styles well unless I'm out in the humidity. In that case, I just let it curl up.

Love, Mikie
  3. jole

jole Member

Mine is horrible to the point that if I could afford a human hair wig, I'd get one. My sis said once she started taking Vit B12 she stopped losing hers. I've been on B12 forever, and it still comes out terribly bad. Standing in the wind I can watch hair blow away!

Could you give me the name of the product? I'm willing to try anything. My girls have started me on some expensive shampoo/conditioner, but even it isn't helping to slow down the loss. Thanks!

LEFTYGG Member

Ive always had great hair. I'd shampoo it and it would be easy to blow dry and look nice. I should have appreciated it!!! Now it's breaking of and thin on top and frizzy. I try not to stress it. I don't blow dry it. I'll put it on Velcro rollers to tame the frizz.

I've taken armor before but this dr says my throids normal. I don't think so. I'm gonna ask for it pain management dr says normal is different for everyone. If your heart pounds back off on it.i need to get back on it. Thx love gail
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Because, evidently, the peptide injections have healed my hypothyroidism. I was starting to get tachycardia on a regular basis which would fit with supplementing a healthy thyroid. It may just be my system getting used to no med. "Normal" has been changed over time as researchers realize that some need a boost even if they formerly tested in the normal range. I hope my hair gets healthier.

Love, Mikie
  6. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

Mikie those are the supplements I have been using faithfully. First I bought a bottle of just plain biotin but then went back to Andrew's stuff. It's good.

I also use Nick Chavez hair products. The Plump and Thick really does work nicely. So does Pantene. You can get Nick's products on Ebay for a steal. You have to buy a few each at once but it's a steal!
  7. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

Jamin, come on, you can't possibly have missed any benefit of grapeseed in your comments. You pretty much cover it all. lol I take Resveratrol, but I admit, you are getting me ready to buy some grapeseed extract and see what other benefits I could get. One is from the skins and one from the seeds, so probably there are different benefits. Personally, I think a manufacturer of Grapeseed Extract needs to "discover" you and make you their spokeswoman! Nobody could do a better job for them then you do! Hugs, MicheleK
  8. Tichkuley

Tichkuley Member

I have not hair loss problem but my friend have major hair loss problem and i suggest him for hair transplant that we can see the stat of hair transplant in Medical field is growing up it become very effective treatment for hair loss problem now these days.
  9. manvisharma

manvisharma Member

But, some of the hair skin and hair related supplements are fake. I mean most of the supplements are made with chemicals and due to this people face problems of hair loss.