This board has really changed in the last 5 years

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by campbeck97, Feb 17, 2010.

1. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

I use to come to this board knowing I would find people that would understand and be supportive , people I could connect with that truely understand the horrible effects of this diease even when my family and friends didnt. Now it seems to be a place of nit picking . I will truely miss you but feel its time for me to look for another support group . I wishl you all good health, less pain and maybe just maybe total healing someday. God Bless and as always gentle hugs.
  2. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

been here since 2002, and , it's quite different now. lots of new names, and new attitudes. i still come here from time to time, but don't post much.
    theres a lot of great forums out there, don't give up. you will find one thats a fit for you. i'd tell you where i go now, but i'd probably get in trouble for that,lol.

God Bless you too camp, and i hope too your healing comes quickly also!! don't give up, were onto something with the new findings i think:)
    {{Big Hugs}} Kat
  3. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

and thanks also for the tip about the fruit eze! evidently, some people do just fine with pain meds, Lucky them!!!
  4. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I'm not sure what happened....I responded to your Fruit-eze post to thank you for the information. I can't imagine someone getting bent out of shape for that! I hope you stay, remember you can hit the ignore button:) If you go I certainly understand, this board does seem to be a source of conflict frequently.

Bless you and I am returning a gentle hug to you as well!
  5. quanked

quanked Member

many people who made this site a warm, understanding and caring place left when prohealth changed the site. I miss them although I cannot recall the names. Nevertheless, I am grateful to Prohealth for providing this site.

I have learned to ignore certain posters and I decided awhile back to not allow myself to get into the posts that sow discontent. However, I still find comfort here and helps me know I have not lost my mind on the bad days and weeks.

These diseases are horrific and their costs are so high. I hope that you can find it in your heart to stick around. We need you and your posts here. Yet, I understand your inclination to leave. I just have considered leaving myself but have not found another place to go. I like the format here.

Whatever you choose to do I wish you the best.
  6. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

Here's hoping that you haven't left yet. I just wanted to share something with you. A couple of years ago I was going to Weight Watchers and decided to join in on their forum boards. Oh geez, what a mistake! What a bunch of nasty people! I mean, there were more rude people than friendly people. They didn't just disagree with someone, they would verbally attack that person.

Granted, I'm pretty much a newbie here - about a month or so - so I do not know how things used to be, but I have felt very welcome and haven't noticed much nit picking. Of course, I don't read ever single thread / post, but it seems to me that most of the replies I have read are supportive.

I'm not really sure why I stuck my nose in this thread, because I am not a long-timer, but maybe it's just to say, "I've been there," because it was usually ME they were picking on at the Weight Watcher's board!!! :)

IF, you should decide to move on, I wish you better health.

7. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

I don't know what the fuss was about on the All Natural Fruit-Eze™ Regularity Blend thread as I didn't read it. However, I don't understand your references to "These are all chemicals" and "We are all just walking chemistry sets........." as there aren't any chemicals in Fruit-Eze. It is a "jam of prunes, raisins and dates, no additives of any kind". I'm not seeing what it is that you are angry about.

I wouldn't give up on Vitamin E just yet. Dr Oz, who is a cardiologist, recommends Vitamin E. You need to look at who is financing some of the research that is done to look for a possible bias. You also need to look at amounts used in the research, the type of Vitamin E that is used, the duration, etc. A lot of research looks very flawed once you look to the big picture. You also need to consider the fact that there isn't proof that we have heart problems with CFS. I'm not going to take Dr. Cheney's word for it because he is not a cardiologist.
  8. hensue

hensue New Member

I check this board every day and have forever it seems. Camp a lot of new people here with personal attacks? Why I dont know we are all going through hell together.
    You have been there for everyone and smart and supportive!
    That is what pro Health is for people are in pain and need support.
    You should not leave camp we appreciate you.

I need something for constipation and have no idea what you are talking about.
    Aussie started ranting about chemicals??
    Anything to help our day is better than suffering.
    Take Care
  9. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

I still don't understand what your beef is with someone using a product that is made from prunes, raisins and dates??? If it worked for her, great. Why are you upset?
  10. kjfms

kjfms Member

Yes the board has changed quite a lot. I have been gone for a while and find that I do miss my friends made here through our shared pain. I, personally, find the Fruit ease thing interesting. I have autoimmune thyroiditis and take pain medication and have always had constipation problems that began in childhood.

I wanted to thank you for the information and I am going to check on this because I have tried literally everything and still have problems. :(

I have decided to return to this board because there is a lot of good information and for the most part there are good people here. I hope you will not let anyone make you feel that you should leave. I wish you the best of luck and pain free days.

Thanks again,

11. sickofcfs

sickofcfs New Member

Reducing stress is important for most, if not all, of us. Nevertheless, some people are angry -- and it's easy to see how people can get cranky when they've been chronically ill -- and some people find humor in other people's troubles -- better to laugh than cry. Fine for them, but it stresses me. ;) I've learned that it's pleasantest to just click the IGNORE button any time I run into posts from people who choose to vent their anger on a public board. Ditto for any other attitudes that stress me.

I think you'll find that you don't have IGNORE many people to improve the general environment for yourself. You miss a bit of conversation, but not much you'll genuinely miss, I suspect.

Please give it a try before you leave.
    Gentle hug to you.
  12. RicksChic

RicksChic New Member

Hi. Today is the first time I've been on the board in several months, and I agree, it sure has changed. But, just as everyone else has asked, "please don't leave just yet." Try giving the ignore button a try, and be conscious of which topics you pick to read, so that you can find incouragement, or a chance to offer some to others. You and I have a lot in common. I, too, am a disabled nurse. I just recieved my disablility a few months ago. A long 3 year process, but, thanks to Alsup, a happy ending.

I came to the board today, to check to see if anyone has tried the new FMS drug, "Savella", and when I noticed your post, I just had to stop to say a word or two to encourage you to stay. Just think of all the newbies coming in, scared, and lost as to where to begin to live with these awful diseases. They need those with experiences, both good and bad to help chart their course. They need kindness and understanding, a place to vent without fear of redicule, and a place to ask questions without being made to feel stupid. They need compassion. And since you are a nurse, I KNOW that you KNOW that feeling of comfort that comes from helping others. (Why else would we have put up with all the abuse nurses take all these years.)

Well, take care. And, whatever you decide, I hope you find that place of refuge (that is still here if you look hard enough.)

13. rocky76

rocky76 Member

Alot of the old people are over on the ChitChat board..
    and dont even post over here anymore..

How about checking it out....

You will find most of the oldies but goodies over there....

and no bickering...

And they still talk about aches and pains
    and how and what helps...
    [This Message was Edited on 02/21/2010]
  14. gapsych

gapsych New Member

"It is amazing how many people think that they can answer an argument by attributing bad motives to those who disagree with them. Using this kind of reasoning, you can believe or not believe anything about anything, without having to bother to deal with facts or logic." --

Thomas Sowell

Perception is 90% reality.

And, yea for chit chat!!