This board is so important

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cakeart, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Cakeart

Cakeart New Member

I have had a very difficult last two months. I have had to use my wheelchair to do anything since labor day, and my pain level is at its worst. I am very thankful for my husband and darling dot (who also has fm) and friends who take her on fieldtrips for me (as we homeschool). But let me tell you who else I am thankful for...

YOU! I have good connections with the med community as my husband is a pediatrician, but there aren't any doctors out there willing to admit that fibromyalgia can be so crippling. My own very good rheumy says it is the brain misreading pain signals and that theoretically if we could control the pain I would be well again. Wonderful! So why do I have tremors, and extreme muscular weakness onset that won't allow me to lift my arms? Why do my legs collapse? Why do I catch every mild virus around, and why do I have difficulty breathing even when I am not wheezing as I do when my asthma is acting up? And why have I lost so much of my memory that I sound like a poorly educated and lacadaisical teen instead of a college graduate and former school teacher? Every med. site on the web, and the doctors both I and my husband have talked to all put such a sunny face on this dd! If you will only exercise and get PT you will be better.

So my point is, you wonderful people on this site have been my link with sanity! You share your stories, heartaches, and successes, and I realize I am not alone! This is1
    an amazing gift! Thank you, from the bottom of my heart!

Hugs, cakeart
  2. minkanyrose

minkanyrose New Member

What cakeart said. I don't always comment because I don't know what to say i ask a lot of Questions but I need this link and I thank all who can and do study and post as I don't have enough energy or brain power right now to research.

Thank you all.
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Yes, I would be very lonely if I couldn't come here and chat w/ folks.