This could be interesting

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by teller7, Jun 26, 2008.

1. teller7

teller7 New Member

I was in the ER for the second time this year about 3 weeks ago. The ER dr, a woman, said she went to medical school in southern California. She was looking over my meds list. She noticed that I was on 20mg of prozac. She turned to my husband and told him to ask my doctor to up it to 40mg. She said not for depression. She said they found in LA that the stronger dose of prozac did something with the neurotransmitters in the brains of some people with MS, Parkinsons, and Me/CFS that helped with the central nervous system. I was so out of it that I didn't understand what they were talking about. So my hubby called my dr the next day and he started me on the 40mg. I swear something slight has changed. It's like I have an extra half a gallon of gas in my tank and a hair more energy. Don't know for sure if it's that or not, but it may be worth a try.

I got to OHSU in two weeks to the Parkinson's movement disorder clinic. My dr thinks I have Parkinson's so I'm doing it for his sake mostly. I know it's ME/CFS. I can feel it in my soul. But I am going to mention to the drs up there what this ER doctor said and how I'm feeling a hair better and see what they have to say about it.

I'll let you all know what I find out.
  2. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I was on 40mg of Prozac for my FM/CFS for a long time. It did help some but after the years it seemed to have worn off so I stopped taking it.
  3. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

If it is working for you, thats all that matters:) I couldn't take prozac, I was totally a zombie!! It did seem to help with the pain, but did it help with the pain or was I so loopy I just didn't care or remember?

I do take 40mg of paxil, it does help with the depression not so much with the pain.

My pain cocktail consists of Lyrica and Paxil...these two do help with the pain, help take the edge off anyway.

But, isn't it amazing just to feel a "little" better..but that little bit is great. Keep taking the Prozac and enjoy that little extra it gives to you!!