This Cure Works... ? / Ian Solley

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Wolverine, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Wolverine

Wolverine Member

Hi guys. Wondering if any of you have seen the website containing "this cure works" - google it (also add the name Ian Solley after it) - that will take you to the website. He cured his own CFS using this method he discovered. It seems very good, and works miracles for some so ive read.

I would do this program totally and completely, but the problem is it involves a very strict almost no carb diet, and im already very underweight, so i cant do stright no carb, even low carb. I eat a fair bit of carbs, and STILL i cant gain weight. But my probs stem from stomach / liver / fat digestion probs etc.

Let us know if anyone knows this program / tried it / opinions, or experiences.

Thanks, ~Chris.
  2. justlooking

justlooking New Member

for wolverine

sorry haven't heard of it but bumping to see if someone else can help.

its been a long time since I've seen a post from you... there has been some controversy here recently regarding people posting websites and cures so those who don't recognize you as an "oldbie" might not realize you are just looking for anyone who might have done this protocol already and can give you advice. HOpe you find some help with it.

Sincerely
    JL
  3. sascha

sascha Member

i defnitely will check that web site. i have always had the conviction that dietary approach amng any other appropriate therapies is critical to improving chronic health problems. i have tried out many many approaches, first for weight control,then after getting CFIDS (over six years ago) for trying to restore my health. what does seem to be helping me a lot is going off carbs and a bunch of other things not good for health (caffeine, chocolate, sugar, alcohol, bad fats, refined carbs). i was on this approach, including coconut oil (a recent discovery) recently for a period and experienced great benefits. then a relative went into hospital and all my careful regimen and work went out the window. the result was i crashed terribly. i am still trying to climb out of it. i am back on Paleo approach (i didn't realize that was what it was), but i am including coconut oil (lots of good information about this online), and i am immediately feeling better.
    this dietary approach (high protein and good fats, + fruits and vegs, is highly recommended by many sources for both CFIDS and FM. coconut oil is said to help with nutrient absorption. it might be of help to you. i recently had blood test after a month using coconut oil, and i don't need to resume cholesterol medication; my blood sugar is fine; and my thyroid medication doesn't have to be raised. I'm hoping at some point to go off thyroid medication altogether.. we'll see.
    anyway- good luck, and thanks for the post. sascha
  4. tansy

tansy New Member

I did some brief research on the web. I think this has the potential to help a subset with these DDs.

Chris there a blog where someone has kept a record on how Ian Solley's protocol is affecting her, she lost weight on it so it could be a problem for you. In the early years of my illness I lost a lot of weight, a low carb diet enabled me to put some weight back on; so I think it's more a matter of getting things right. Then as now I have an adequate calorie intake.

Lamotta this seems to involve a lot of supps, which may be a problem given your sensitivities etc. There is already one programme for MCS which invovles a lot of supps, maybe it's successful for quite a few due to the way they are balanced.

Sascha good to read the paleo diet works for you, a lot of us seem to do better when we stick to that. I cannot tolerate coconut oil myself but it does seem to be helping a signifcant number.

TC, Tansy[This Message was Edited on 07/26/2006]
  5. jarjar

jarjar New Member

I haven't noticed you post in awhile. If you are looking for a new treatment I might suggest researching the Salt and Vitamin C protocol. It has some good responses from a yahoo CFS/FM group. It is inexpensive and if you start herxing you will realize that it is bacteria that is keeping you so ill.
    Just something to think about.

jay

6. tansy

tansy New Member

Extracts from “Lyme disease: A Look Beyond Antibiotics” by Dietrich K.Klinghardt, MD, PhD

We start with deworming our clients. We often use a simple yet aggressive seasalt/Vit C protocol (19) which has an independent effect against the spirochetes also. The high salt concentration kills large parasites by osmotically induced dehydration (osmotic shock). High salt levels also increase the enzyme elastase, which has a strong antimicrobial/anti-spirochete effect."

I think his opinion on lyme disease applies to many with ME, CFS and FM as well; many of us have problems with infections and toxins and can identify possible genetic links with health issues in other family members.

Another quote from the above article.

“The list of significant co-infections is limited: roundworms, tapeworms, threadworms, toxoplasmosis, giardia and amoebas, clostridia, the herpes virus family, parvovirus B 19, active measles (in the small intestine), leptospirosis, chronic strep infections and their mutations, Babesia, Brucella, Ehrlichiosis, Bartonella, mycoplasma, Rickettsia, Bartonella and a few others. Molds and fungi are always part of the picture. The pattern of co-infections and the other preexisting conditions such as mercury toxicity determine the symptom-picture but not the severity.

The severity of symptoms correlates most closely with the overall summation or body burden of coexisting conditions and with the genetically determined ability to excrete neurotoxins.”

TC, Tansy[This Message was Edited on 07/27/2006]
  7. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

What kind of vitamin c and seasalt and how much of each? How often?
  8. deliarose

deliarose New Member

I dont' want to spend the money on an e-book.
    Chrs,
    Delia
  9. tansy

tansy New Member

you with some great info on MCS. Aerobic exercise is recommended by most health professionals treating MCS, and illnesses related to the build up of toxins, so maybe that’s why your current walking regime is helping.

Have you kept up with the research Rich Vankonynen is doing? This is related to issues like MCS and what’s being found when individuals report back on their Yasko genetics panels, these tests looks for SNPs that affect all areas of the detox systems. The results are providing important information leading to more effective protocols being put in place.

Kimelia

Some are using natural salt, others prefer salt tablets. Jarjar, and others on the lyme message board here, may be able to help you. There is an excellent on line group using the salt vit C protocol, that’s probably the best place to ask questions about doses and which form of vit C to use.

Deliarose

I have not downloaded the e book so cannot help you there. Some time in the future I will get this info even if it is just through curiosity. My limited financial resources are already stretched beyond realistic levels and it’s not one of my personal priorities.

Chris

I hope you get some useful feedback.

TC, Tansy
  10. Dlebbole

Dlebbole New Member

Hi chris, have you ever tried turmeric for your fat digestion problems? I couldn't eat even the smallest amount of fat for several years....less than 10% fat iin my diet. I had lots of pain, reflux, even had my gallbladder out, which helped a little for a while. But when I started turmeric everything turned around. Just a thought. Diane
  11. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

I'm curious as to what he says to do. I can't afford it either.

How do you take the tumeric? Fresh, pill, tea? etc...
  12. tansy

tansy New Member

with a wide variety of problems.

We take 1,000mg with 95% curcumin daily. Turmeric powder, as found in food stores, can be used but it means eating a lof of it. If you check out Ken Lassesen's web site, where's there's info on turmeric, you may find how much powder you need each day.

TC, Tansy
    ps I had problems tolerating most forms of turmeric until my GI tract symptoms had improved. My son could tolerate it from the start.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/28/2006]
  13. Wolverine

Wolverine Member

Hi and thanks for the responses!!

Im VERY tired and have to sleep right now. But i will come back soon and reply properly to these msgs.

The reason i havent been around as much is cause ive been with my girl who lives 12 hours away.. been very busy with her for the last 7 months or so, so have been not doing much on the board. Have been reading still now and then though.

Also just to clear it up, NO i am not 'promoting' Ian Solley's ebook and saying you should buy it, even though i think there is alot of good in it for sure. I just wanted opinions to see if anyone HAS had experiences with this program before.

Reply again soon, thanks all, ~Chris.
  14. SpiroSpero

SpiroSpero New Member

Hi Chris,

I'm underweight too. Our problem is digestion. I am low in stomach acid (take 2grams of Betaine HCL and if you don't get a warming sensation you are low in stomach acid too). That means food is not properly digested in your stomach. Second you need lots of enzymes that mostly are provided through your pancreas or raw food that is not heat treated.
    Another problem could be that you have candida or what I have, "leaky gut syndrome". That's why I take glutamine now but it does not work very well.
    I try to eat low carb but it's not very easy. A good way to get your calories is butter, eggs and meat.
    I talk to you later.

Manuel
  15. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I posted a message for you (actually about recording and posting music), not about Ian Solley.
    Do a search for "Attn: Wolverine" or search under my username.
    I hope you see it and respond.

Thanks.

Kholmes
  16. shelbo

shelbo New Member

cos the guy is situated not far from me...few hundred miles or so...but I wasn't ready for the sales pitch or the possibility of getting ripped off once again, usually with the throwaway line 'You have Candida!' Argh!!! A/o had any positive esperience with this...I just wasn't brave enough and I'm probably too skint for anything he might suggest anyway! :( Shelbo
  17. Wolverine

Wolverine Member

Hi all. again im almost falling asleep for the night (or morning being 5:30am, lol)

But yeah hes actually a nice guy i emailed him a few times a while ago. Hes not a salesman trying to sell you a load of expensive supps. The supps he reccommends dont even come from him, there are options for brands etc, its what they are that matter. I remember phosphatadiyl choline is one for detoxing, and i think chlorella.

However, i shall explain it more 2morrow or so! Must sleep. Night / day all! hehe. ~Chris.