This danged Foggy head of mine is making me crazy!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dononagin, Dec 14, 2005.

1. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Gosh!! I thought the fog had lifted with the Cymbalta.. I've been doing so much better at remembering words and such..

Well, yesterday I go to the DMV to get my licence renewed.. they sent me a form weeks ago but I've torn the house apart looking for it and I can't find it..

Well, after waiting in line like 45 minutes we get up to the counter and the guy behind the counter says, "Mamm... you already sent it in.. your check was recieved two weeks ago.. You should be getting it any day.."

I do not remember sending it.. don't remember filling out the check.. I look in my check registry and there is the carbon copy.. in my writing.. I wrote out the check and mailed it in and have absolutly no recollection of it at all..

Joe is like.. Dona.. are you ok?? Do we need to go home?? Are you getting enough rest?? I'm like I am FINE!! I just can't remember a freaking thing!!

What worries me is what else am I forgetting?? I feel like the girl on 50 first dates.. Jeez!! Am I going crazy??

Oh girls.. where does it end!
  2. goaska29

goaska29 New Member

I was at work last summer and I got into a heated argument with my boss about a document she claimed I never followed up on. She was infamous for "expected mind-reading", so I just told her that she never mentioned it to me and I had no idea what she was talking about.

She then fished through some files and found a letter with MY signature on the bottom to prove that I was the crazy one. I stared at the letter that was clearly not forged, but having absolutely NO recollection of writing it. It was pretty scary. It's stuff like that that makes me apprehensive about going back to work.

Scary huh, dononagin???
  3. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I'm certain one of these days it's gonna get me fired.. I talk to clients.. they will call back a week later and I have no recollection of ever speaking with them.. I have to write notes about everything.. I just really thought the Cymbalta was helping.. now here I go again..
    Goaska.. thank you for responding!! I guess I can at least be grateful that I'm not alone... Hugs!
    [This Message was Edited on 12/14/2005]
  4. tonakay

tonakay New Member

Forgetting things is the big reason I don't go back to work. Dave sees how much of a danger I am around the house so he agrees. I put the tea kettle on and he finds it ten minutes later. I now use my cell phone quick alarm to remind myself of what I am doing. TICKS me off to no end. I also write note after note after note to help me remember things.

Right now you are stretched to thin girl. I sure wish I could help you. Hang tough and keep writing notes to help remember things, carry a little tablet like detectives do in your pocket.

It'll get better, it HAS to!!
    Love ya bunches
  5. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Joe was saying that last night.. I'm under too much pressure right now with the holiday parties etc.. work is intense at this time of year.. He said though he has noticed my memory is worse when I'm overwhelmed or over tired.. Aside of winning the lotto I think I'm stuck here for a while..
    Joe is always afraid I'm going to burn the house down! I finally got an iron that shuts it self off and a curling iron that does the same.. can't tell you how many times I left them on all day and went to work! I think that is the problem though right now.. I'm just flat out exhausted..
    Tona what kind of work did you do before you got sick?
    I need a no-brain job.. I keep telling my crew I'm gonna become a wal-mart greeter!!!
    loves you..
  6. fivesue

fivesue New Member

From a fellow Californian, spending 45 minutes the the DMV makes me crazy even if it's necessary...you poor dear!!

I'm glad you are getting your license in the mail so you can go on your 51st first date and drive legally! (-:

Sue

PS I do hope you find a cure for your fog...it is scary and I wasn't making light of the fog...just the DMV! No offence meant....[This Message was Edited on 12/15/2005]
  7. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Now if it wasn't bad enough I get to deal with fog in the fog!! I live in the San Jouquin valley.. we are so socked in today you can't see in front of your car!!
  8. tngirl

tngirl New Member

The worst thing I did lately was call to remind everyone of a meeting (on the morning of the meeting) and then forgot to go to the meeting myself. I can sort oflaugh at it now, but I was so upset when I realized the next morning that I forgot to attend the meeting.
  9. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Tngirl...I'm glad you can laugh about it now, but I'm sure it was very embarrassing when it happened. Sometimes I think I need to write things on the insides of my eyelids! (-:

Dona...the fog has just cleared here on the northern coast of CA...it is very cold, though. That valley fog is treacherous! Stay in or you'll be fogged inside and out! I know, that was really bad, but I'm a bit foggy myself today. Can't come up with anything better than that and you really just said that. Ah, life.

(-:

Sue
  10. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Sue.. where are you at? I'm right on IV near Coalinga.. I lived in Santa Cruz area for years and always thought we had fog till I moved down here.. the fog here is horrible!! I got lost one time and couldn't get my sense of direction.. I nearly ran out of gas! It was so bad I had to open the door of my car to see the white line.. couldn't see to pull off the road.. Dang I miss the coast!!

TNgirl.. Don't you hate it when this stuff happens at work!! I don't mind so bad at home.. My family is getting used to it.. in fact my daughter says Mom.. I think you have "part-timers"! But at work.. I truly worry that someday it's gonna cost me my job.. I can just see my filing for unemployment.. (why were you fired?? Gee.. I don't remember!!) lol!
  11. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I live in Eureka. It is 300 miles north of San Francisco on HWY 101 on the coast. My parents live in Aptos which I'm sure you are familiar with.

We have had fog like that here...redwoods love fog, you know. But that valley fog is the worst!

Sue
  12. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Sue I lived in Aptos! Awwwwww... I miss it so.. I'm familiar with Eureka.. cool area.. and I love the Redwoods.. gosh.. Ca. has so many beautiful areas and I'm living in it's armpit! lol!

Kristi.. ok.. getting tongue typed with the cutie cop I would say if pretty normal!! Think back to highschool!! Someday your prince will come.. when you least expect it! I'm a firm believer that there is someone out there for everybody!!

Hugs to both of ya!!
    dona
  13. wangotango

wangotango New Member

i get to the point to where i cant add 2 and 2. my family thinks i am on drugs and i tell them i am for my pain but that is not the case. i can stand there and try and follow my dad asking me something simple and it takes 3 or 4 repeats for me to understand it.
    the worst thing is trying to keep track of my bank accounts and bills. man it is frustrating.
    bill
  14. tonakay

tonakay New Member

Walmart Greeter huh? Not a bad idea for me except our closest one is fifteen miles down the highway and I don't think I'd be to dependable in my mustang..LOL

For 13 years I worked at a drive thru carryout. Don't know if you have those out there or not. Sold beer/wine/pop/chips/lottery. It was a big pole barn with garage doors at each end. Needless to say I roasted in the summers and froze in the winter. Used to go inside the walk-in cooler to warm up!

Six months before my crash and burn I went to work running a small carryout/gas station by a resort community not far from me. I opened at five and got off at one pm five days a week. That's when all this hit. I remember trying to count my money bags every day and all of a sudden having to recount four and five times because I kept getting different totals each time! I was devastated, drove home in tears many days. The owner was a good friend of mine so I finally had to tell him I had to quit. Six months later he sold the store because he knew I wasn't coming back... sigh, oh well life goes on but it still sucks. These days I think I deserve a round of applause for balancing my durn checkbook... and I only write six checks a month... LOL LOL

Hang in there, these durn holidays gotta end soon and hopefully no dang brides til JUNE!

Love ya bunches girl
  15. dononagin

dononagin New Member

(((((((Bill))))) ~ the checkbook.. yikes!! I gave it up!! Joe handles all the bills now because I can't keep track.. speaking of which I guess I better deduct the check for the DMV that I don't remember sending!! As for your family thinking your on drugs.. I did drugs back in the days of "sex & drugs & rock and roll" We might of said stupid things like Peace and Groovy but I was never this forgetful!! lol!

(((((Willow))))).. do you ever feel like maybe our kids just tell us they told us things?? I know my 15 year old will say "Mom.. I told you I was going out..." Did she?? Or is she just useing Mom's forgetfulness to get her way! I know when I was a kid I think I would have used it to my advantage!!

((((( Tona))))) I can completly relate to the money counting challanges.. Numbers have become a challange for me and dates.. I have to check and recheck the dates on my contracts and reservations.. I put a dinner in the other day for the wrong year! I caught it luckily.. but that would have been ugly.. You know it's cool that your hubby has been so supportive of you not going back.. I don't know how long I can do this.. and I make alot more than Joe.. I don't know if we could make it on his income.. At any rate he would have to get rid of that danged Durango payment!!

Love to all.. your foggy friend!