this dd sucks ( pardon the ugly word)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dlizard, Aug 29, 2002.

1. dlizard

dlizard New Member

ok so I'm the one who cannot seem to find a medical doctor ANYWHERE because I live out of town or don't have the right insurance or the day of the week is thursday or I have on a purple shirt.... sometimes I feel like I have a sign on that says "KICK ME",......
    I called to make an appointment with a friend's doctor about 1.5 hours away from where I live right.... and first they say this doc is taking new pts ( period) ,.... they even tell me that he can see me on the 22nd of next month. LOL> then they say he doesn't take my insurance... I tell them I don't want to see his associates then they say I can't see him cause I live out of town!!!! I can tell you this,,,, noone gives any of us credit! I'm not stupid and this guy will get his too.... its simply the way of the world right guys??????? but can ya'll beat it??????
  2. dlizard

dlizard New Member

ok so I'm the one who cannot seem to find a medical doctor ANYWHERE because I live out of town or don't have the right insurance or the day of the week is thursday or I have on a purple shirt.... sometimes I feel like I have a sign on that says "KICK ME",......
    I called to make an appointment with a friend's doctor about 1.5 hours away from where I live right.... and first they say this doc is taking new pts ( period) ,.... they even tell me that he can see me on the 22nd of next month. LOL> then they say he doesn't take my insurance... I tell them I don't want to see his associates then they say I can't see him cause I live out of town!!!! I can tell you this,,,, noone gives any of us credit! I'm not stupid and this guy will get his too.... its simply the way of the world right guys??????? but can ya'll beat it??????
  3. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

Every day I am more and more amazed at the way the medical profession is run. To make an appointment, usually you are asked for your insurance info before they even ask what your symptoms are,,,what is wrong with you,,,how can we help you feel better????

There are good doctors out there, it's like they say about finding a great husband (which I have)...you have to throw a lot of fish back before you find the right one. (Didn't want to say kiss alot of frogs b/f you find your prince, as I didn't want you to think I was suggesting you kiss your docs...gentle humor.)

Hang in there, some day people will look on us as the pioneers who helped change the medical profession. Maybe instead of writing Oprah & Montel, or along with, we should be bombarding the AMA with letters about the incompetencies & unethical treatment we receive. (Although that's one of the reasons I signed the women in pain petition...it included a "bill of rights" for women to be treated with dignity and respect.

Take care, keep us posted. Michele

4. majic

majic New Member

a self pay. then they want to know what credit card that you have. the medical profession is a trip. i had insurance then i got sick and got fired. then the insc. that i had went into liquadation. so i have no insurance and it is hell trying to see a new doc. i've been waiting for a colonoscopy for over a year and when the doc finds out no insurance they cancell the colonoscopy and tell me to eat more fiber. lol. i have to laugh where i want cry. majic
  5. Allen2

Allen2 New Member

Half of the pain and anguish I have endured these last 5 yrs I owe to the medical establishment, especially my former, beloved(ha!) CIGNA! It made me much more assertive and won't take no. Like I told one of the med techs, I don't yell, I'm just persistent(well, OK, I did yell a few times). By the way, I know this sounds shamelessly dumb, but everyone keeps using the abbreviation, DD. So what does it mean? Dirty Diapers? Despicable Disaster? Al
  6. TiredbutWired

TiredbutWired New Member

I believe it means darn disease.I could not firgue out for the longest time what is lol?Then I finally asked.Thanks for the giggle its been to long.Tracey
  7. tired42long

tired42long New Member

I had to laugh at your post. I thought you had to be a part of some secret club to respond or post in the "CFIDS/FMS" secret code. What's funnier is what I saw tonight while my 15 year old was "chatting" with friends online. It's ALL in code and so funny. idk is I don't know, bc is because. and of cours LOL. Wow, they have trouble teaching teens a foreign language at school but they seem to have a good grip on their own 'foreign language. Ha Ha! idk whn da DD will b curd bc the DD (second d is for 'docs') dc (dont care) and dk nutn.LOL