This disease is officially taking over

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by diva42597, Feb 13, 2007.

1. diva42597

diva42597 New Member

I am very worried. I have had fibro for about 6 or 7 years now and the pain has been in my back and shoulders. I finally got to the point where I was learning to manage it through diet and exercise...not cure mind you, but manage. Now it has moved into my legs. I have had very severe spasms in my quads, mainly on my left side but also some on my right. I am only 28. My mom has fibro along with myocitis and she said that when the pain moved into her legs things started to get really bad. Can anyone offer any hope or advice? My mom is in a wheelchair. Is there any way to slow this down or avoid her fate? I try to be hopeful, but it is becoming more and more difficult. There is a financial concern as well. I am not married and I am in the midst of breaking up with my fiance because he does not support me or have any compassion for this disease. As a result I have to work. From those of you that have had this longer...how long do I have that I can keep a full time job? I know these are tough questions. I would appreciate any advice or even words of encouragement. I try to look on the bright side, but it seems to be looking dim. I feel like a prisoner in my own body.
  2. Shalala

Shalala New Member

I know how horrible I feel and I am 53. I have it all over. I was in my late 30s when I first started showing signs of "things to come" ...

I am estranged from my family because of their lack of compassion and support. Maybe it is just as well that you see your fiance's true feelings NOW rather than later? I am sorry that you are going through this :-( I have a son who tells me to "buck up" and quit complaining.

I am single also and very worried about how I will survive. I have enough points/credits to qualify for SSI ... BUT from what I have read it is extremely hard to get what you have paid into all of these years. I also pay for LTD but I heard from a co-worker with COPD that she was denied!! So you know they will not take FMS seriously.

My DR tells me to change jobs ... lol. Yeah right. Who is going to hire a 53 year old cripple?

Good luck to you and hopefully a miracle cure will happen? and hopefully your fiance will GROW UP.
  3. jarjar

jarjar New Member

Please consider taking the Igenex Western
    blot test for lyme. The sypmtoms you are describing are identical to lyme. The vast majority of the people that were diagnosed with fm/cfs that come to my lyme doc only to find out they have lyme when taking the Igenex test.

One guy that I talked to in the waiting room was going for a one year check up told me a year ago I came in here on crutches today I'm walking pain free into the door.

Lyme is also passed from mother to child. I hate to see people suffer that is why I am posting this.

50% of lyme patients don't even remeber being bitten by a tick.

The only other tip I can suggest is the Marshall Protocol as it is the only treatment that makes me feel like a human being.
  4. dlark

dlark New Member

I have struggled for 20 to 30 years with pain and CFS. There has been alot of advice, treatments, dr.s, etc.. I feel confident in asking you to trust yourself in deciding what your next step should be, and also in our society managing our condition, is key to stability and maybe even improvement. The discouragements are great, however, if you think of people with lupus, multiple sclerosis, post polio-syndrome, etc.. they know they have something and they change and manage their priorities. It means giving up any extra activites, stresses (Very hard)
    My prayers are with you, dlark
  5. Shelbyeatenton

Shelbyeatenton New Member

Hi....

I am 25 and have been in a wheelchair one year and 4 1/2 months. I used to be very active (on a dance degree course) and so i sometimes simply struggle with the "loss" of my old life.

My pain is awful and constant and i, like all of us, don't know whether it will ever go away and whether there will be a cure in our lifetime.

All we can all do is remain positive and keep on researching and trying to find ways of managing the not just the physical pain but the emotional pain these illnesses cause.

I am sorry about your break up but as someone else suggested, if he isn't supporting you through this time then you're better off without him.

I wish you well, take care of yourself,

Gentle hugs, Shelby xx
  6. diva42597

diva42597 New Member

Thank you all for your support and advice! It is very helpful to know that there are other people who understand where I am coming from and to be able to listen with an open heart. Thank you!!!

Kristen