this FM/CFS is ruining my life

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by scrappinkat, Jul 8, 2006.

1. scrappinkat

scrappinkat New Member

I swear it is so annoying and life changing and sadly even though I love my life I just get so angry at my inability to enjoy it.

I am determined to lose weight - so today I did 20 minutes on the treadmill. And 1/2 hour later I crashed, for a 2 hour nap! My kids just sat on the bed and did leap pads which I am so grateful for. Now not even 5 hours later my body and mind are crying out for bed - but my kids are begging me to go out and bike ride with them.

My doctor just keeps saying take iron so I won't be anemic and then I will have more energy. Wouldn't I like to tie a horse to her butt and watch how she manages to get through the day!
    [This Message was Edited on 07/08/2006]
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

we should all get the nobel prize for figuring out how to deal w/this mess..

jodie
  3. Bambi

Bambi New Member

we can accept any of this, but fighting it is useless. At times I want to scream and pound the walls when I think of how life used to be. But, more and more I've accepted it and have learned to pace myself, do what I can and just a bit more and let go.

The best gift we can give our kids I think is the lesson that we are human, that we can all be knocked down at any time with difficulties. It's how we react to them and use the good we have left that really matters.

Look at people like Christopher Reeves and others who had such terrible fights to overcome. I don't know if I could have stood up and hoped like he did in his situation. It didn't work but I'm just sure it made the time he had easier than if he'd tried to fight it.

Rest when you can and count your blessings as often as you can. That's about all any of us can do for now. And never stop trying to find the regime or doctor or whatever that will be just the thing to help you the most it can. I hope you feel better soon..I hope we all do.
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

Carebelle has this currently posted ... "Something to think about" ..... please read it. I think it is an appropriate reply to your "FM/CFS is Ruining My Life" post.

------

Sometimes we wonder, "What did I do to deserve this?" or "Why did God have
    to do this to me?" Here is a wonderful explanation! A daughter is telling her
    Mother how everything is going wrong, she's failing algebra, her boyfriend broke
    up with her and her best friend is moving away.

Meanwhile, her Mother is baking a cake and asks her daughter if she would
    like a snack, and the daughter says, "Absolutely Mom, I love your cake."

"Here, have some cooking oil," her Mother offers. "Yuck" says her
    daughter.

"How about a couple raw eggs?" "Gross, Mom!"

"Would you like some flour then? Or maybe baking soda?" " Mom, those are
    all yucky!"

To which the mother replies: "Yes, all those things seem bad all by
    themselves. But when they are put together in the right way, they make a
    wonderfully delicious cake!

God works the same way. Many times we wonder why He would let us go
    through such bad and difficult times. But God knows that when He puts these
    things all in His order, they always work for good! We just have to trust Him
    and, eventually, they will all make something wonderful!

God is crazy about you. He sends you flowers every spring and a sunrise
    every morning.

Whenever you want to talk, He'll listen. He can live anywhere in the
    universe, and He chose your heart.

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as
    well dance.

-----------

If we all tried to maintain a more positive outlook on life, we would feel much better. Nothink can ruin your life unless you allow it to. There are people everywhere who have it much worse than we do, yet they continue on daily. You have to look for the roses. Your mental outlook on life has a lot to do with your physical well-being.